automation advice please

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
stefan084

hi all. I'm trying to create an automation that lays in-running the horses in positions 3,4,5 in order of fav. whose back odds are 10 ticks higher than their actual starting odds. I have a $10 lay liability on each and I have a greening profit and greening loss on each. I have it set to green for a profit of $1.00 or loss of $1.25 but I'm not sure how accurate that would be because the lay odds on each will be different on each selection. I have it set to only trigger on starting odds of 9.0 or less. I've studied the threads/videos to set this up but still have crazy things like laying the same runner multiple times and for odds I didn't specify. I attached some pics so maybe the more experienced automation people can see any mistakes and point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help :)
BAHELP1.png
BAHELP2.png
BAHELP3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stefan084

BAHELP4.png
BAHELP5.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

I am no expert, but, maybe its as simple as fixing the order of the market.

I find these auto problem threads v hard to solve, without the actual baf file .. I understand people dont want to show strats etc, but, it would be fairly easy to create a dummy one.

When I get problems, am finding the best way, is to run in practice mode, with just one line at a time, and watch the auto logs etc, to make sure, its doing what u expect.

Hope u crack it.
stefan084

I can show you whatever you need to help my friend. I have no strategy I wouldn't tell, just let me know exactly the info you need to help and I'll post it
stefan084

megarain wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:06 am
I am no expert, but, maybe its as simple as fixing the order of the market.

I find these auto problem threads v hard to solve, without the actual baf file .. I understand people dont want to show strats etc, but, it would be fairly easy to create a dummy one.

When I get problems, am finding the best way, is to run in practice mode, with just one line at a time, and watch the auto logs etc, to make sure, its doing what u expect.

Hope u crack it.
[/quote what is a baf file and how do I show it to you?
megarain

Hi,

Am up early for the ckt.

When u start Guardian, under the general tab, is a rule type, called 'Fix the order of the market' .

This effectively freezes the market order, so, horse 3,4,5 will always be 3,4,5, whatever price they trade in running.

Add the rule type, to the top of your baf , to trigger before the mkt goes in-play.

See if that works / play around with it, etc.

If not, the Log tab, on the main screen, which starts one-click/ladder etc, shows each G-auto line it has executed. Maybe work thru that.

I would also advise, getting a video of your session, so, u can see exactly what happened, visually.

Try some searches on 'Fix the order of the market' and OBS.
Kafkaesque

stefan084 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:47 am
BAHELP4.pngBAHELP5.png
It looks like, you changed the time in fill or kill. If this is because you want it activated (and not just a setting from previous testing), then remember to tick the box just to left of the seconds indicator.

I assume the "unmatched bets on selection" condition, that's in the screenshot, is set to 1? I've often found that automation fires in a second bet at the same as the first bet is matched. It seems to fire in that second bet, before the offset is placed, as there's a temporary gap with the unmatched bets on the selection being zero. I've worked with various settings and the refresh rates, but have been unable to come up with solution which works anywhere close to all the time. I work primarily pre rather than in-running, so this issue may be more profound with the time delay in placing bets, but I wouldn't really know. FWIW, my workaround has been to split my stake into smaller chunks fired in rapid succession. In your case where you want 10£ liability, then split it into three 3£ liabilities. You'll then have either 9£ or, when it fires an extra time, 12£ in liability. 9-12 is better than 10-20 at least, in case this solution works for your purpose.
stefan084

thanks for the reply, that's a lot to think about. I'll go through it and check again and see if I can come up with anything. I've only been doing this for a couple months so I'm sure I'm making some obvious mistakes. is it correct to have the green ups for both profit/loss under each seperate runner? most of this is just copied from the "Lay the poor starter" automation so I didn't put in all the rules myself, just modified some. I just want to lay the 3,4, 5 position horses if they drift 10 ticks from their starting price at the beginning of the race, and whatever stop loss and profit green anyone recommends. something like "green up at 10% profit/ cut losses at 25% loss of original stake"
stefan084

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:50 am
stefan084 wrote:
BAHELP4.pngBAHELP5.png
It looks like, you changed the time in fill or kill. If this is because you want it activated (and not just a setting from previous testing), then remember to tick the box just to left of the seconds indicator.

I assume the "unmatched bets on selection" condition, that's in the screenshot, is set to 1? I've often found that automation fires in a second bet at the same as the first bet is matched. It seems to fire in that second bet, before the offset is placed, as there's a temporary gap with the unmatched bets on the selection being zero. I've worked with various settings and the refresh rates, but have been unable to come up with solution which works anywhere close to all the time. I work primarily pre rather than in-running, so this issue may be more profound with the time delay in placing bets, but I wouldn't really know. FWIW, my workaround has been to split my stake into smaller chunks fired in rapid succession. In your case where you want 10£ liability, then split it into three 3£ liabilities. You'll then have either 9£ or, when it fires an extra time, 12£ in liability. 9-12 is better than 10-20 at least, in case this solution works for your purpose.
no the unmatched bets was set to "0" from the "lay the poor starter " automation. the fill and kill thing I'm still not understanding I guess. I'm confused as to if the trigger that was from 6-11 sec. after the start of the race was just activated for the 5 second interval between 6-11 sec. or that was just the time window for the automation to begin and once activated in would continue to look for lay bets within my parameters for the remainder of the race (was 6-11 sec the beginning or the whole thing) I have been trying to find anyone that can walk me through this and would be willing to pay someone to set up my automations. I only need maybe 3 total racing automations :)
Kafkaesque

stefan084 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:39 am
Kafkaesque wrote:
stefan084 wrote:
BAHELP4.pngBAHELP5.png

no the unmatched bets was set to "0" from the "lay the poor starter " automation. the fill and kill thing I'm still not understanding I guess. I'm confused as to if the trigger that was from 6-11 sec. after the start of the race was just activated for the 5 second interval between 6-11 sec. or that was just the time window for the automation to begin and once activated in would continue to look for lay bets within my parameters for the remainder of the race (was 6-11 sec the beginning or the whole thing) I have been trying to find anyone that can walk me through this and would be willing to pay someone to set up my automations. I only need maybe 3 total racing automations :)
I would strongly suggest not paying someone to set it up for you. It's a very, very strong likelyhood that you'll need to make further adjustments sooner rather than later, and you need to understand it 100% yourself for that. You have to buckle down and work on it. To be brutally honest, then if you need to pay someone to set it up, this may very well not be for you in the first place.

Edit: That's not say, you shouldn't ask for help here and elsewhere, but in the end you have to understand how it works and why, otherwise it's no good.
Dallas

Assuming your wanting to lay the runners that were 3-5th fav at the off then megarains suggestion of trigger a 'Fix the order of market selections' at the off is the first thing required

Also Kafkeasque's suggestion of ticking the fill/kill box is required as this will prevent the greening back bet being placed until after your lay is matched.

All that i would then suggest is in your 'Relative Odds Cond' change the bottom part from 'Betfair row 1' to the corresponding order of fav
ie, the first should look at Betfair order of favourtism 3

You might want to add a 'matched bets cond' is equal to 0 for each selection to stop more than one bet being matched if triggering multiple times

Finally When greening all to a profit or loss you only need the one rule for each (otherwise if one is reached at the moment it will fire 3 green up orders simultaneously)
So one Hedge Profit and one Hedge Stop is all thats needed, i'de recommend armed at least 3 times with a 2-3 second rearm

If you want to green selections individually if a profit/loss is reached then you need the 6 rules as you have but the rule type needs changing from 'green all selections' to 'close trade on selection with greening' and each needs applying to there respective selection.
Then just change the condition to 'close trade profit condition'

One last thing you could add as as a safety is detailed below in my next reply
Dallas

Kafkaesque wrote:
I've often found that automation fires in a second bet at the same as the first bet is matched. It seems to fire in that second bet, before the offset is placed, as there's a temporary gap with the unmatched bets on the selection being zero. I've worked with various settings and the refresh rates, but have been unable to come up with solution which works anywhere close to all the time.
When trading in-play to account for the delay time If you use a 'fill or kill bet time condition' is greater than 2 secs (or any time longer than the IP delay) that will avoid any bets being triggered whilst waiting for the offset being placed
stefan084

just wanted to say I really appreciate the responses and time taken to try to help. to Kafkaesque, I have been studying/experimenting with just about every automation and asking many questions for what seems like a long time (and I'm pretty relentless when trying to learn something) but for some reason I seem to have a learning block with this stuff. as soon as I have one problem solved 3-4 other problems occur :lol: anyway ty again
stefan084

ok here is what I have now and will try in the morning
autohelp1.png
autohelp2.png
autohelp3.png
stefan084

autohelp4.png
autohelp5.png

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”