Am I doing this wrong (WoM Content)

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Niko

I have a rule that monitors the WoM and if after a specific time it places a lay or back bet.

Can I just confirm that if the WoM is greater than 70% you would be looking to place a Lay bet? I am placing custom ticks below best market price 1 tick.

Or if the WoM was less than 30% you would be looking to place a back bet? I am placing custom ticks above best market price 1 tick.

Sorry for the noob question, brain is fried today!
Derek27

When the exchange was in its infancy weight of money was a key indicator as to where the market is likely to move, but I don't think it's so relevant nowadays. You get a lot of spoofers distorting the market and there's also a lot of 'invisible' money on the ladder. By this I mean, traders waiting and ready to jump on a price when the market gets there. The money is as good as being on the exchange - you just don't know it's there.

I don't automate myself - somebody who does might correct me. But I would be surprised if a bot using such a simple method base on WOM could make much money, percentage wise.
phildavies21

Niko you are correct
Niko

Thanks both!!

I even reversed my strategy and placed backs when I should be placing lays as the market almost always reverses as my bets go in!!
Seemed to make little difference!!
Not sure monitoring WoM is helping in this bot!
mcgoo

Something I tried,which I may try again sometime with added criteria, is incrementing a signal when WOM is above X and decrementing when it is below X over Y period. Fun to play around with it. 8-)
Niko

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:08 am
Something I tried,which I may try again sometime with added criteria, is incrementing a signal when WOM is above X and decrementing when it is below X over Y period. Fun to play around with it. 8-)
Shhhush :mrgreen:
mcgoo

Niko wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:17 am
mcgoo wrote:
:shock: :D :D :D LOL.Sorry
Niko

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am
Niko wrote:
mcgoo wrote:
:lol: well I can't make it work, but I'm sure the collective on here could :mrgreen:
mcgoo

Niko wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:31 am
mcgoo wrote:
Niko wrote:

:lol: well I can't make it work, but I'm sure the collective on here could :mrgreen:
Yeah, probably but there is a lot more to think about. As I have, some have made suggestions re tracking matched price and volume (which the good people at BA are considering for future updates) These will aid a lot more, or at least in addition to, than WOM tracking I reckon.
Dallas

Niko wrote:
mcgoo wrote:
Niko wrote:

If its the setting up of the rule there is an example file that uses signals to determine the WOM has been greater than for 5 secs before triggering
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=14157
Niko

Dallas wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:21 pm
Niko wrote:
mcgoo wrote:

If its the setting up of the rule there is an example file that uses signals to determine the WOM has been greater than for 5 secs before triggering
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=14157
Cheers Dallas, got all that and a load of other hoops the rule needs to jump through before it triggers, it's just doesn't seem to work with WoM as the key indicator. Even to the point where you watch the WoM and the charts are going in the wrong direction. I know there is a slight delay but really!!??
Dallas

WOM is only a small cog in the overall gearbox so will always need to be used in conjunction with other settings, something you may not be aware of is in the main settings under display you can set how the WOM is weighted
ie, you could have it look at just the best two prices either side of the book which will disregard any spoof money flashing in and out the 2nd/3rd price etc distorting it
Niko

Thanks again Dallas!! I didnt know this!
STARBUCK62

Hi Dallas
you wrote, can you show me (visually ) what I need to put in to get the best two prices either side for the reason you stated to avoid spoof money,
you could have it look at just the best two prices either side of the book which will disregard any spoof money flashing in and out the 2nd/3rd price etc distorting it :)
Dallas

STARBUCK62 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:17 pm
Hi Dallas
you wrote, can you show me (visually ) what I need to put in to get the best two prices either side for the reason you stated to avoid spoof money,
you could have it look at just the best two prices either side of the book which will disregard any spoof money flashing in and out the 2nd/3rd price etc distorting it :)
You'd change the value of the 'Inner Pricing' to 100%
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”