Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
northbound

Today the markets feel really quiet
Trading96

3 runners matched at 1.1x there.
Derek27

I've had a miserable day at Haydock. The markets have been quiet with a few wild swings that I haven't been able to get on.
Derek27

... or perhaps I just got up to early, off to a flying start at Newcastle. :D
Euler

I'm hoping to pick up a few trades on the AW. The jumps have generally been small fields and not much direction.
Trading96

Huge gamble on Sbraase.
Trading96

Lost

Gamble probably because it was up in trip and ran in shorter races to get mark down.
Halliday

Trading96 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:22 pm
Lost

Gamble probably because it was up in trip and ran in shorter races to get mark down.
Doesn't take much money to shorten horses at Dundalk .. and wouldn't class this instance as a "gamble "
Very well handicapped horse on its English form.Horses from Johnny Levins yard are often well backed .. remember the infamous 6 are Dundalk last year ?

"Trainer Johnny Levins has spoken of the "horrible" predicament in which he found himself after a misplaced gamble on six of his horses developed before Wednesday night's Dundalk meet.
Palavacini Run, Deeds Not Words, Bective, Rateel, Sixtyfiveroses and Havelock Ellis were all slashed in price on Tuesday night. The best any of them could manage was a third-place finish and all six were marked drifters on the betting exchanges before the off."

Nuff said !!
Trading96

Halliday wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:39 pm
Trading96 wrote:
Lost

Doesn't take much money to shorten horses at Dundalk .. and wouldn't class this instance as a "gamble "
Very well handicapped horse on its English form.Horses from Johnny Levins yard are often well backed .. remember the infamous 6 are Dundalk last year ?

"Trainer Johnny Levins has spoken of the "horrible" predicament in which he found himself after a misplaced gamble on six of his horses developed before Wednesday night's Dundalk meet.
Palavacini Run, Deeds Not Words, Bective, Rateel, Sixtyfiveroses and Havelock Ellis were all slashed in price on Tuesday night. The best any of them could manage was a third-place finish and all six were marked drifters on the betting exchanges before the off."

Nuff said !!
Maybe it's just semantics but a horse that shortens that much is a gamble in my book. Regardless of whether it's yard driven.
Halliday

Trading96 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:58 pm
Halliday wrote:
Trading96 wrote:
Lost

Nuff said !!
Maybe it's just semantics but a horse that shortens that much is a gamble in my book. Regardless of whether it's yard driven.
Probably neither.. suspect it was off course bookmakers money .. and tens of pounds rather than hundreds .. certainly wouldn't have been on course money . Nobody goes to Dundalk on a Wednesday night !!
Naffman

Halliday will always find a reason to make your point invalid, seems to pop up out of nowhere :roll:
Trading96

Halliday wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:07 pm
Trading96 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:58 pm
Halliday wrote:

Nuff said !!
Probably neither.. suspect it was off course bookmakers money .. and tens of pounds rather than hundreds .. certainly wouldn't have been on course money . Nobody goes to Dundalk on a Wednesday night !!
yeah i edited it because I thought it would be misinterpreted I meant regardless of the course as in regardless of whether it is at Dundalk or at Ascot ie quality of the race and interest in the betting. It was two seperate points.
Last edited by Trading96 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halliday

Naffman wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 pm
Halliday will always find a reason to make your point invalid, seems to pop up out of nowhere :roll:
Wasn't making anyone's point invalid , always very positive about horse racing threads .. suggest you look at the the Toast of New York thread .. enjoy the video and the song . And chill !!

Enjoy your trading !!
Crazyskier

Halliday wrote:
Trading96 wrote:
Lost

Nuff said !!
Sbraase was in my view indeed a 'huge gamble'. It was relentless from around 15s to below 4s before the off! And there were many many thousands of pounds influencing the price. It was like a steam train... If only this occurred more frequently, I'd try my hand at manually trading more... :lol:

CS
SeaHorseRacing

Ive got a winner. This is a tip from a good source. Very confident about its chances. Keep eye on the gamble. 8.00 Ceyhan around 6/1 currently.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”