Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Euler

And how right you were!
SeaHorseRacing

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:28 pm
Liverpool vs Spartak... 3.5+ goals at around evens. Bet of the week in my view...

CS
Great shout.
northbound

LIVERPOOL v EVERTON: last time Allardyce played vs Klopp at Anfield, his team won 2-1 (Crystal Palace, April 2017) and Liverpool only had 1 shot on target.

I feel that Liverpool shouldn’t be lower than 1.60, so the current 1.33 is a good lay, perhaps with a view of trading out higher inplay.

MILAN v BOLOGNA: Milan players are clearly low on confidence. The new manager (Gattuso) was a great player but so far in his career showed he’s a below average manager, so not sure he’s the right man to sort things out.

I feel that Milan shouldn’t be lower than 2.00, so the current 1.56 is a good lay, perhaps with a view of trading out higher inplay.
Trading96

United City is a curious one, draw no good for United, City always attack.
Kafkaesque

Trading96 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:38 am
United City is a curious one, draw no good for United, City always attack.
I think, you underestimate just how insanely pragmatic Mourinho am. 8 points behind if they draw today isn't quite "no good" imho. If Mourinho calculations are that they'll have a marginally better chance of a W than L, with an approach that'll increase the chance of a stalemate significantly, he'll take that all day long.

It's a loooong way to go yet. Amidst the Pep love-in, it seems to be forgotten that City came out of the gates like a bat out of hell last season as well. Granted they've kept the ball rolling on that one longer this time, and clearly have a better squad. Still, Pep still hasn't proven to be able to make a team/squad go the distance for a full season in the PL with all very competetive teams and no winter break. If they make it to mid-January with a similar lead, I'll join the hype. Until then, I won't panic, and I definitely don't think Mourinho will.
northbound

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:58 am
I think, you underestimate just how insanely pragmatic Mourinho am. 8 points behind if they draw today isn't quite "no good" imho. If Mourinho calculations are that they'll have a marginally better chance of a W than L, with an approach that'll increase the chance of a stalemate significantly, he'll take that all day long.
Agree.

OPTA STATS SAYS: These are the two tightest defences in the Premier League this season, with Manchester United (9) having conceded one goal fewer than Manchester City (10); this despite facing more than double the tally of shots on target (64 v 27).

Perhaps current odds of 2.08 for Under 2.5 Goals represent good value.
Dublin_Flyer

northbound wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:34 am

Agree.

OPTA STATS SAYS: These are the two tightest defences in the Premier League this season, with Manchester United (9) having conceded one goal fewer than Manchester City (10); this despite facing more than double the tally of shots on target (64 v 27).

Perhaps current odds of 2.08 for Under 2.5 Goals represent good value.
I think that stat alone shows the weakness of Utd's defence and the strength of De Gea rather than a relative comparison between teams!

Seeing as Utd are at home, I can see Mourinho expecting a quick attack so setting up a deep formation to nullify all threats, then modifying it slightly but keeping it all game unless the shit hits the fan.

I'm a scouse fan from the red side so I've no liking for either team, but I'd watch the first 10 mins before making a trade on any o/u market in this one. A good draw here and the Pool put 8 or 9 past the blue scouse will do nicely for me :D
northbound

Good point Dublin Flyer, it’s probably wise to watch the game for the first 10min before jumping in.

My gut feeling though (not based on stats alone) tells me it’s gonna be a really low scoring game.
Trading96

We all need people to lay our bets against.... Looking forward to seeing who's correct it is definitely one to manage in play but no harm in opening a speculative over 2.5 bet pre play to take in play imo.
Dublin_Flyer

What a pair of bore derbys so far! You know Sky have gone to sh1t when they've one of the Oasis lads in the studio for his views. If they wanted an irritating wanker to give his views, I would have been a way cheaper option! :lol: :lol:
Trading96

United's price has absorbed all the draw time decay. City stayed the same as it was before the game.
MemphisFlash

great game to trade
game.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Niko

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:48 pm
great game to trade
game.JPG
As a Noob, would you share your reasons for entering the trade please?
northbound

Two lays for today that in my opinion offer value.

FOGGIA v Venezia
(Italy Serie B)
Foggia won only one game at home all season, Venezia lost only one game away all season. Venezia form seem to have slumped a bit compared to the earlier part of the season, but Foggia's is not much better. But still, Foggia shouldn't be lower than 2.70 to win this game. They can be layed at 2.24 currently. Great lay, perhaps with a view of closing your position at around 2.80-3.00 inplay.

Mouscron v OOSTENDE
(Belgian First Division A)
Oostende has been in much better form in the last couple of months compared to Mouscron. Yet, Mouscron beat them early in the season, they have roughly the same points in the table, Mouscron has done very well overall this season against team around or below them in the table. I believe Oostende shouldn't be lower than 2.70-2.80 to win this game. They can be layed at 2.22 currently. Great lay, perhaps with a view of closing your position at around 2.80-3.00 inplay.
northbound

Another interesting game is Sevilla v Levante, with the hosts clear favs. Here are some interesting facts about Levante:

- Lost only 1 game away from home this season
- Conceded only 1 First Half goal away from home this season
- Drew 1-1 away at Real Madrid
- Drew at home vs high flying Valencia

Perhaps one could lay Sevilla at 1.36 with a view to trading back at some point before Half Time. Or perhaps it could be a great Under 2.5 Goals trade.

Return to “Football trading”