Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
Euler

Jeff, you need to get out of the mindset of having a negative spin on things. Be realistic, yes, but unnecessarily negative, no. You find opportunity by opening doors, not closing them.
megarain

Euler wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 pm
Jeff, you need to get out of the mindset of having a negative spin on things. Be realistic, yes, but unnecessarily negative, no. You find opportunity by opening doors, not closing them.
100%
spreadbetting

mcgoo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:15 am
I seem to be on a posting fizz (not quite a frenzy) this evening. :geek:
Results (if genuine) showing profit from automated bots are personally of interest to me because 1. You want to trust in the product and know its possible 2. Someone out there is smart enough to do it which is encouragement 3. Its definitely possible(again) as it is easy to think it is not.We are all in this together so one hopes for a strong integrity/sincerity gene- Life is hard enough otherwise :D
As a fellow 'botter' I agree, what Jeff may see as crass I actually find quite valuable to see what stage the 'opposition' is at. Whether they're genuine or faked is usually easy enough to spot and some gentle goading can reveal worthwhile info if needed.

At the end of the day we're on a trading forum if people want to post up a decent day so be it, they're easy to ignore. If someone was waving their £500 afternoon on a homeless forum it may well be crass but we're all in this to make money so no need to be too coy about it.
sionascaig

Will be interesting to see how the bots do this morning with the big delays (2 hrs) to Sheffield & Sunderland - might want to switch them off...
Dallas

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:49 am
Will be interesting to see how the bots do this morning with the big delays (2 hrs) to Sheffield & Sunderland - might want to switch them off...
Why the delay... Is it snow?
sionascaig

Frozen ground
spreadbetting

Been out for the day and wondered why my bots had so many open bets :) I'll have to tweak the times now :(
MemphisFlash

nice and steady this evening.

dogs 21.12.17.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mancbrady

Can’t argue with those numbers mate.
I’m new to trading and I’ve always loved the greyhounds since I was a kid, the first bit of gambling I was introduced to in the bookies. I have no idea how to get a profit from trading them though which is annoying but I will try my best in the future
MemphisFlash

is it a greyhound bot, is it a horse bot, results pretty much the same for either

grey or horse.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mancbrady

If it works on both it’s good, nice if you can get a automation ticking away in the background making profit. Something I haven’t done yet, I mainly try to trade football inplay as that is my main interest, followed by horses and dogs
MemphisFlash

end of day results

23.12.17.JPG
Euler

Greyhound racing is on today, still time to Knick a few more quid before Xmas.
MemphisFlash

i intend to. :D :D
only half a days racing though 41 races instead of the normal 88 on a sunday
ArticalBadboy

Hi guys,
Perhaps someone could help me increase my knowledge regarding greyhound racing with the view of me creating a profitable Fill the Gap bot.

1. For those with profitable bots, did it produce consistent profits in Practice mode before you went live?
2. Do you use any form of stop loss (actual, or imposed by a green/red up when the losses get too high?
2. How should I use WOM when filling gaps? I've tried only firing in bets when WOM is at certain levels (>80% , <20%, etc) but my results still seem random.

I'm getting lots of small profit races, but then one or two races go against and leave me with a loss for the day.

p.s. i'm in practice mode at present

Many Thanks and Merry Christmas

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”