Multiple betangel, multiple guardians?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
mancbrady

Hi

I am using betangel through a vps because I have a mac and it’s an easy way to run all day while I am at work. I have just set added an opened an extra betangel window in practice mode so I can have that running but also a liv one running too.

When I have clicked on guardian in the practice mode it brought up all of my days market I ran in live mode and all my automation settings. I now want to run some strategies in practice mode today it also one in the live mode but how do I make sure that all the markets I open in guardian will assign a strategy correctly to either live mode or practice mode as I can only see one open copy of guardian?

Am I able to have separate guardians open? Obviously I don’t want my practice strategy to be working in live mode as that would be a disaster
Dallas

Firstly its possible to run as many instances of Bet Angel as your VPS/PC can handle
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12446

When you have added markets to guardian all subsequent instances opened will show those same markets (it just saves time re-adding). If running live and practice along side each other the safest way is to keep guardian closed then open it on the instance you want (practice or live) set up your automation then close it again, that way uour only opening 1 guardian at a time which relates to that BA
mancbrady

That makes sense, I just wanted to ensure that I did the right thing.

Thanks Dallas

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”