Restricted Betfair Account ???????

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Derek27

Hi Julian,

I'm afraid only you know how much you intend to bet or how many bets you are likely to place per market. They are fairly straight-forward questions and you should have some idea from your practice mode trading.

Just answer their questions, you could, for example, say £2 increasing to £20. It might also be a good idea to start real trading to small stakes if you have any strategies that do not require a large number of bets.

You could also try a bit of arbing, lay a few football teams and back them with a bookie, so you start generating commission without losing much, if anything.

Good luck,

Derek
teambulldog

Derek,
thanks for getting back to me i will try your tips thanks
jules
spreadbetting

teambulldog wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:16 am
this is the mail i got back this morning so could you please help with how i am to reply please.
thanks jules

BDP.Betfair.com - BDP Support <[email protected]>
9:19 AM (1 hour ago)

to me
Dear JULIAN , Comments: Hi,

Please provide the below information for our review:

• For what purpose do you intend to you use your account?
• What sports and markets will you bet into?
• Of the markets you read/view what percentage do you expect to place bets in?
• What is your anticipated number of bets per market?
• What is your anticipated monthly betting volume?
• Do you work for a betting operator or any supplier to a betting operator, or have you in the past? If yes, please provide details.

Kind Regards
Betfair Developer Program
They seem simple enough questions to answer, not sure why you'd need people to give you advice on how to answer unless you're looking to 'con' Betfair into lifting your restrictions. Remember they'll already have data on your current usage so any answers you give that don't tally with their experience of your use won't go in your favour.
teambulldog

hi all,
just got this email back from BF,
thanks for all the help from you all
thanks
jules
Dear JULIAN, Comments: Hello,

The market data delay has now been removed from your account. Please be aware however that live market data is for betting purposes only. The Historical Data Service https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home is available for analysis purposes. Continued extensive viewing of live market data without requisite betting activity will result in further restrictions.
Kind Regards,

spreadbetting

Good to see they've lifted the restrictions for you.
ShaunWhite

teambulldog wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:16 pm
hi all,
thanks
jules

The market data delay has now been removed from your account. Please be aware however that live market data is for betting purposes only. The Historical Data Service https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home is available for analysis purposes. Continued extensive viewing of live market data without requisite betting activity will result in further restrictions.
Kind Regards,

Hooray!

Maybe you should email them again and ask them to define 'requisite'. 50p a week, £20 a day ? As I said above my only concern is that they'll actually come up with a fixed number and I'll have to do some stupid little bets on the days when I'm trialing & farming data instead of trading.
teambulldog

thanks spreadbetting
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:30 pm
teambulldog wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:16 pm
hi all,
thanks
jules

Kind Regards,

Hooray!

Maybe you should email them again and ask them to define 'requisite'. 50p a week, £20 a day ? As I said above my only concern is that they'll actually come up with a fixed number and I'll have to do some stupid little bets on the days when I'm trialing & farming data instead of trading.
Their computer systems will flag up customers who arn't trading much, so there must be some sort of algorithm defined. Perhaps they don't want to disclose it in case people do the bare minimum to keep their account going.
teambulldog

i wiil have to shape up and keep trying to find the winning system we all wantnbefore i run out of money lol
thanks again to you all
jules
ShaunWhite

teambulldog wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:49 pm
i wiil have to shape up and keep trying to find the winning system we all wantnbefore i run out of money lol
thanks again to you all
jules
I think there was a thread a while ago about reducing PC by generating commission. That might have mentioned some sort of breakeven strategy? Could be worth searching for.
teambulldog

thanks shaun i will have a look for it. jule
spreadbetting

Have a look at cross market arbs too if you're just looking to generate comms, you'll find plenty of arbs in related markets like correct score/over 0.5's etc and the win/asian markets too small for the PC payers to get involved but enough to keep your account active. Aim for tick points where one tick will cover you like 10/10.5 as so on
teambulldog

thanks spreadbetting am looking into it, i got lots to learn thanks jules

Return to “Support”