Back fav

The sport of kings.
paulsingh

Dallas,
Please have a look at the attached. baf file, it works fine. I need to add another rule to the file to avoid a heavy loss when the market goes against me.
Now when the close trade triggers I end up with zero loss, but on the odd occasion the selection starts coming back in and I end up with a loss, at this point I want to back the selection say at 2.00 to minimise my loss and this rule only trigger if the close trade bet has been triggered.
If possible can you modify the rule.

Thank you,
paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

If your stop loss has kicked in it will of placed a lay bet of some value to close the trade, therefore when you add another back bet this can be used as a condtion.

So assume when your stop loss is triggered a lay of at least £5 is placed to close the trade on your new back bet rule add the following condtion

Matched bets amount condition
the selections 'total amount matched of your lay bets'
is 'Greater than'
'The following fixed amount' £5

You then just need a fixed odds condtion to ensure its odds are also back below 2.0 before allowing the back bet to trigger

PS - I did notice you have PM'ed me about this, unfortunetly i just dont have time to respond to PM's as quick as i do forum messages so if you need a faster response where possible its always better to post to the forum directly as it serves the community as a whole more as no doubt others will have similar quieries so can then be directed to an exsisting post.

Any problems just post back
paulsingh

Thanks Dallas
paulsingh

Dallas,
I have tried adding the conditions as suggested (see attached file), the problem now i have the close bet trigger isn't triggering.
Please have look for me and amend file, I must be doing something wrong, please help.

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Its looks like you have added the conditions i advised above to your exsisting close rule. First take both these last two condition out so you only have the one 'Back Price > 4.3' left

Then you need to add a NEW back bet rule by clicking the 'green' plus icon and then add those two conditions to that.
paulsingh

Thanks Dallas, I will try this amendment.
paulsingh

Dallas,
please help, I want to back the fav in play at defined odds and off set with greening ( bet 1 if this bet price shortens then I can off set and green out).
If the price of the first bet goes out then I want to fire the second bet on the new emerging fav and green out or red out.
I need the second bet to trigger when the first bet goes out in price and the emerging fav shortens to the defined odds.
See attached rule file (please amend to do the above if at all possible)

Thank you
ShaunWhite

paulsingh wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:12 pm
Dallas,
please help,
Paul, you probably don't know but Dallas doesn't work for BA, he's just a very kind and helpful member of the forum.
If you keep saying 'do this', 'do that' then eventually he'll find it a bit annoying. He helps many many people.

May I kindly suggest you spend a day or a week really trying to understand how Guardian works, it isn't that difficult if you take it slowly and read the really rather excellent manual. The forum also has many example files you can download and learn from. They might not do exactly what you need but they will allow you to see how the fundamental building blocks work, ie rule types, conditions & signals.

Spend that relatively short time learning and Guardian will be able to do almost anything you can imagine in a few simple rules. No more waiting for help or giving away the latest idea that you've thought of. This isn't a critisism of you, just a suggestion of a way for you to become more capable trader in a shorter amount of time.

There are also several videos on the BetAngel YouTube channel providing tuition on Guardian here

Dallas.....sorry to chip in and obv do what you want. You're so giving with your time that I'm sure lots of people assume you're on the payroll, I did when i first got here. I'm just trying to help the guy without getting involved in modifying his baf.
xtrader16

I was under the impression that Dallas was now an employee of Bet Angel.
Is this correct?
paulsingh

My sincere apologises if I have caused an offence Dallas.
The reason I requested Dallas, he is very good and has helped me in the past and his understanding of the system is far greater then my little knowledge.
It's just a rule I wanted help with.
Sorry.
Thank you
ShaunWhite

paulsingh wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:08 pm
My sincere apologises if I have caused an offence Dallas.
The reason I requested Dallas, he is very good and has helped me in the past and his understanding of the system is far greater then my little knowledge.
It's just a rule I wanted help with.
Sorry.
Thank you
No need to appologise Paul,
I was just trying to help you find a better way to progress. Something you could be looking at until you get a reply from Dallas.
Dallas

Im not logged on today so not able to check your actual file but to trigger a 2nd bet you just need to increase the number of triggers (for as many runners as you may want to bet on)

Then add the following condition which will stop the same one getting backed more than once

Number of place bet triggers cond
on selection is equal to 0

For your stop i'de add a 'close trade on selection with greening' rule (applied to ANY selection) rather than use a stop loss so it can atleast trigger more than once
Then add a 'close trade profit condition' and set a monetry value your prepared to try and exit at (ie, less than -£2.50)
spreadbetting

xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 am
Is this correct?
I was under the same impression, if he's not on the payroll he certainly should be considering the amount of help he gives on here.
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:49 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 am
Is this correct?
I was under the same impression, if he's not on the payroll he certainly should be considering the amount of help he gives on here.
My mistake then. Right, I'll hammer him with questions now rather than keeping a tight reign.
paulsingh

Dallas,
Thank you very much for your suggestions, I’m most grateful for the help. I have added the conditions and testing the rule.
I hope I have understood the conditions, if you get a chance to run your eyes over the attached rule file to see if I have added everything correctly.
Once again thank you for all the help.
Paul

Return to “Trading Horse racing”