closure bet firing twice

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
stefan084

this is the automation and the results. help me dallas, you're my only hope
helpB.PNG
helpA.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

I can't see how quickly you re-arm the close (1s according to the log?) or if it's supposed to be controlled to fire just once with a signal, but remember that the inplay delay means that a second close might fire before the first has been down the wires and back. I'd leave 2 or 3 seconds before it re-arms. That should solve it.

Obviously try in practice mode first, especially anything I recommend :)
stefan084

GREEN NET.baf
helpD.png
helpC.png
I'm not the best with computers, hopefully you can see this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

I've obviously only had a quick look but your Green Up rules appear to only check that the horse has been identified as needing to be greened (that's good) but doesn't check if that rule has already fired.

If the first green was unmatched (ie you're still not greened) the rule will run again. This might be what you want, it usually is, but you might want to keep the attempted greening transaction there for a bit longer. It's your choice.

Did the rule just trigger twice (resulting in one unmatched and the second matched) or did you end up with 2 matched transactions?

If you don't want the second firing, you could either allow it to trigger just once (General Tab), or have an additional condition that checks the value of a signal that's set when it does fire.

Sorry I can't look any deeper at the moment and if Dallas doesn't spot the issue and you're still struggling, I'll have another look for you.
ShaunWhite

All those greening rules set the 'stop' signal for the selection to 3. Is this right?, maybe you need a market signal that gets set to 1 2 3 4 etc.
I'm not 100% sure what the intention was but it just looked a bit strange. I assume it's a signal to identifty which horse has gone into loss?
Dallas

I only looked at the 2nd & 3rd fav and assume all other are exactly the same - if so then its set up right ie triggers and re-arm though you might want to increase the re-arm a second or to because if the bet being submitted is below £2 then the delay is twice as long

I would check your matched bets times it possible your first green up was matched just as the 2nd was triggered (therefore could not cancel) then as the 2nd hit the market it undone the green up - if that was the case its just a fluke and nothing wrong with you set up

One thing i did notice was your setting a signal when less than -£1 and resetting when greater than 99p
Not sure if thats intentional? while its trading within the £1.99 p/l range no signal is being set or cleared
stefan084

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:45 pm
I only looked at the 2nd & 3rd fav and assume all other are exactly the same - if so then its set up right ie triggers and re-arm though you might want to increase the re-arm a second or to because if the bet being submitted is below £2 then the delay is twice as long

I would check your matched bets times it possible your first green up was matched just as the 2nd was triggered (therefore could not cancel) then as the 2nd hit the market it undone the green up - if that was the case its just a fluke and nothing wrong with you set up

One thing i did notice was your setting a signal when less than -£1 and resetting when greater than 99p
Not sure if thats intentional? while its trading within the £1.99 p/l range no signal is being set or cleared
I tried to take the "close if in loss for 10 sec." and modify it. The intention is that if the stop loss price hits for just a split second, it won't trigger the "close bet". Its suppose to be counting (to 4) when it hits the specified loss amount (-1.00) and if it gets back above that (-.99) in the meantime it resets. I hope I explained that ok, this is difficult for me for some reason but still interesting :lol:
stefan084

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:19 pm
All those greening rules set the 'stop' signal for the selection to 3. Is this right?, maybe you need a market signal that gets set to 1 2 3 4 etc.
I'm not 100% sure what the intention was but it just looked a bit strange. I assume it's a signal to identifty which horse has gone into loss?
yes, it (supposed to) start a countdown when the specified horse goes -1.00 and it greens up the bet when it reaches 4 seconds.
stefan084

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:14 pm
I've obviously only had a quick look but your Green Up rules appear to only check that the horse has been identified as needing to be greened (that's good) but doesn't check if that rule has already fired.

If the first green was unmatched (ie you're still not greened) the rule will run again. This might be what you want, it usually is, but you might want to keep the attempted greening transaction there for a bit longer. It's your choice.

Did the rule just trigger twice (resulting in one unmatched and the second matched) or did you end up with 2 matched transactions?

If you don't want the second firing, you could either allow it to trigger just once (General Tab), or have an additional condition that checks the value of a signal that's set when it does fire.

Sorry I can't look any deeper at the moment and if Dallas doesn't spot the issue and you're still struggling, I'll have another look for you.
I ended up with more matched bets than I wanted. I'm thinking you're right about the matched bets rule. I have to go back to the "close if loss for 10 sec" rule and see if I modified it and forgot to readd.
Dallas

stefan084 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:25 pm
Dallas wrote:

I tried to take the "close if in loss for 10 sec." and modify it. The intention is that if the stop loss price hits for just a split second, it won't trigger the "close bet". Its suppose to be counting (to 4) when it hits the specified loss amount (-1.00) and if it gets back above that (-.99) in the meantime it resets. I hope I explained that ok, this is difficult for me for some reason but still interesting :lol:
It thought that maybe what its suppost to be doing, in that case you need amend your reset amount you dont have it set to -99p it's 99p (so you have nearly a £2 window where nothing is happening)
stefan084

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:14 pm
stefan084 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

It thought that maybe what its suppost to be doing, in that case you need amend your reset amount you dont have it set to -99p it's 99p (so you have nearly a £2 window where nothing is happening)
wow-- that's embarrassing. Thought I checked everything multiple times. Do I still need to do the " number of matched bets" = less than 1 for each selection?
stefan084

stefan084 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:41 am
Dallas wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:14 pm
stefan084 wrote:

wow-- that's embarrassing. Thought I checked everything multiple times. Do I still need to do the " number of matched bets" = less than 1 for each selection?
just a couple more questions. Is there still a delay if the lay bet is under $2? I know that for the back bet it is.
losssignal.png
-also why does this one trigger up to 1000 times with only 1 sec. rearm time? wouldn't this green up too much in a long race?
Dallas

Yes there is a in-play delay on all bets and any that are below the £2 min can be upto twice as long

That rule is not greening up, it just setting a signal while your in a losing position, a 1 sec rearm allows it to update every second
stefan084

ok -thanks
stefan084

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:10 pm
Yes there is a in-play delay on all bets and any that are below the £2 min can be upto twice as long

That rule is not greening up, it just setting a signal while your in a losing position, a 1 sec rearm allows it to update every second
hi dallas, I would like to add a green up to the automation in this thread that greens up after a certain profit but I'm concerned that might interfere with the "Reset when in Profit rule". quick summary : -automation signals when in x amount of loss
-signal starts count to 4, stops out/greens up at when count is reached
-signal resets if profit/loss climbs back w/i the 4 seconds

--as always, thanks for any help

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”