Back or Lay at Betfair SP Guardian Automation Bot

seanr19871

For some reason the BSP bet is not being placed. I’ve played around with the triggers but my unmatched lay bet is being placed but it’s not being converted to the BSP before the race starts. Can you point me in the right direction?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

seanr19871 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:52 pm
For some reason the BSP bet is not being placed. I’ve played around with the triggers but my unmatched lay bet is being placed but it’s not being converted to the BSP before the race starts. Can you point me in the right direction?
Are you using min £2 for backs and £10 liability for lays?
seanr19871

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:55 pm
seanr19871 wrote:
Yes that’s correct. I’m only interested in the lays
Dallas

seanr19871 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 pm
Dallas wrote:
seanr19871 wrote:
You still have the lay odds set at 1.01 with a £10 stake (which is a liability of just 10p)
You need to this to something closer to the odds your taking SP at as per the instructions in the opening post so that the minimum liability is met
seanr19871

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:26 pm
seanr19871 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 pm
Dallas wrote:

You still have the lay odds set at 1.01 with a £10 stake (which is a liability of just 10p)
You need to this to something closer to the odds your taking SP at as per the instructions in the opening post so that the minimum liability is met
Thanks Dallas
humanoid769

I wish to modify this file to back at BSP on a specific BSP position, for example 5th Fav, at say All Weather tracks only .. is this something that could be done (as I couldn't find anything for track tyype) by modifying this file?

Thanks
Tony
Dallas

humanoid769 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:58 pm
I wish to modify this file to back at BSP on a specific BSP position, for example 5th Fav, at say All Weather tracks only .. is this something that could be done (as I couldn't find anything for track tyype) by modifying this file?

Thanks
Tony
There is no condition to test the track surface or if it's a flat or jumps race.
However, the AW tracks listed below so if you apply a 'race distance condition' you can filter out those which also run NH races at the same course

Chelmsford
Kempton
Lingfield
Newcastle
Southwell
Wolverhampton
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:04 pm
… because of the way BF handles the SP lay bets ...
Hi Dallas, I've wondered about this for ages having been on the end of 'unpredictable outcomes' when unmatched bets are converted … could you explain how they do it (and back bets).
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:12 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:04 pm
… because of the way BF handles the SP lay bets ...
Hi Dallas, I've wondered about this for ages having been on the end of 'unpredictable outcomes' when unmatched bets are converted … could you explain how they do it (and back bets).
It takes the liability your bet is placed at then adjust the stake to still achieve this liability at SP

So if you layed at 2.0 for £50 but the actual BSP was 3.0, then a bet of £25 will be placed (so you still only have the £50 liability), so you need to get your unmatched lay bet as close to the current price as possible so the stake value is not adjusted too much
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:20 pm
It takes the liability your bet is placed at then adjust the stake to still achieve this liability at SP
Thanks Dallas, that's what I thought but I often get unmatched bets that don't get converted to SP and are usually reasonably close to the price at the off. I've just assumed in those cases they have run out of opposing unmatched money to balance the SP price. Could that be so and if not any thoughts why the bets are missed? I've noticed that the unmatched bets usually end up in either Lapsed or Cancelled. For example on Monday I had one bet Lapse where the details are curiously shown as a Lay at odds 1.01 and two bets Cancelled (not by me). Now I admit both Cancelled bets had drifted but nothing was matched and how does a lay at 1.01 lapse! I have asked Betfair about this and all I get is the 'cut and paste' reply of what a BSP bet is.
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:47 am
Dallas wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:20 pm
Thanks Dallas, that's what I thought but I often get unmatched bets that don't get converted to SP and are usually reasonably close to the price at the off. I've just assumed in those cases they have run out of opposing unmatched money to balance the SP price. Could that be so and if not any thoughts why the bets are missed? I've noticed that the unmatched bets usually end up in either Lapsed or Cancelled. For example on Monday I had one bet Lapse where the details are curiously shown as a Lay at odds 1.01 and two bets Cancelled (not by me). Now I admit both Cancelled bets had drifted but nothing was matched and how does a lay at 1.01 lapse! I have asked Betfair about this and all I get is the 'cut and paste' reply of what a BSP bet is.
Did the lay bets meet the SP min £10 liability?
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:10 pm
No but none of them did/do. I used to wonder about that but found it doesn't make any difference … as I'm trialling with real bets some that were 'accepted' for SP were below £2! Two that were successfully converted yesterday were for £1.25 and £1.99
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:40 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:10 pm
No but none of them did/do. I used to wonder about that but found it doesn't make any difference … as I'm trialling with real bets some that were 'accepted' for SP were below £2!
Not sure how you've managed to get some matched below the Min SP amounts and I'm not aware of anyone else who's managed this so sounds like you have then you've been lucky with them
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:52 pm
Not sure how you've managed to get some matched below the Min SP amounts and I'm not aware of anyone else who's managed this so sounds like you have then you've been lucky with them
I don't see it as luck Dallas as I said I'm trialling two systems one with £2 bets and one with £1.13 bets! (sometimes I start at £1 stakes and increase/decrease by £0.01 per day win/lose). All bets have "take SP" set about 10 secs before the off and all are Lays. For example yesterday I had 22 bets match on "take SP" with the SP stakes ranging from 29p (yes pence :)) up to the lofty heights of £2.19 (that was when both systems picked the same selection and that was the combined unmatched at the off). 6 didn't convert.

I've always been baffled by the way the SP is allocated with a "take SP" stake below £10.

Not quite on the same subject but maybe related. I thought the minimum stake to watch a race on Betfair is £5 but I've noticed recently that I can watch for a £2 stake and sometimes even down as low as £1 but not until after the off … pre-off it says you haven't staked enough. Might be interesting if others have found this.

The only other thing I can add is that I am looking at laying longshots so the actual liability can be high even if the stake is low … maybe that has something to do with it?
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:38 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:52 pm
I don't see it as luck Dallas as I said I'm trialling two systems one with £2 bets and one with £1.13 bets! (sometimes I start at £1 stakes and increase/decrease by £0.01 per day win/lose). All bets have "take SP" set about 10 secs before the off and all are Lays. For example yesterday I had 22 bets match on "take SP" with the SP stakes ranging from 29p (yes pence :)) up to the lofty heights of £2.19 (that was when both systems picked the same selection and that was the combined unmatched at the off). 6 didn't convert.

I've always been baffled by the way the SP is allocated with a "take SP" stake below £10.

Not quite on the same subject but maybe related. I thought the minimum stake to watch a race on Betfair is £5 but I've noticed recently that I can watch for a £2 stake and sometimes even down as low as £1 but not until after the off … pre-off it says you haven't staked enough. Might be interesting if others have found this.

The only other thing I can add is that I am looking at laying longshots so the actual liability can be high even if the stake is low … maybe that has something to do with it?
I did state above the min for SP lays is £10 liability so bets of a few pence will go through if high enough, those that don't will (should) be rejected by Betfair, I've certainly not heard of anyone getting a lay with a liability of less than £10 through as an SP bet nor a back bet with a stake below £2 (which is the SP min for back bets)

The bet required to access the BF live video was reduced last year from £5 to £2, but not tried any lower after the off to see if that works

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”