Lay the field automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
FriedAsylum

Hey everyone,

I'm new to BA and apologies if this is already buried somewhere but I couldn't seem to find it. I'm looking to do an automation for lay the field and am wanting to know if I can do it the way I'd like. This is the bare bones of the strategy and the values aren't correct but the idea is the same.

Min. 8 runners
Handicap only
Favourite minimum back odds of $3
2nd favourite no more than $0.60c longer
5/6/7f or metric equiv
Laid at:
Fave: 1.5
2nd: 1.7
over $7: 1.8
over $8: 1.9
over $10: 2
etc etc etc

I've got the number of runners sussed, the thing I'm struggling with most is applying a dollar value to given odds. Also, is "position X (in regards to favouritism)" dynamic in play or is it static from pre off? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ShaunWhite

Some help if not it all.

Order of favoritism is dynamic unless you have a 'fix market' rule at some point.

Handicap is something you can't check so you'd have to apply the rule to the appropriate races yourself.

I've never seen odds expressing the way you show them so I can't really comment on that part.
FriedAsylum

Sorry I was half asleep when I posted and just realised. What I meant was e.g if a horse is at $7 pre off, I want to trigger a lay bet when it reaches 1.8 at say a $2 stake. If it's $8, I want it to trigger at say 1.9 at a stake of $2.2 I want the odds and stake to be different for each horse based on pre off odds.

I'm trying to sneak this in at work so apologies if I'm still not making sense!

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”