Please add this to Audio Alert options...

Help improve Bet Angel.
Westerner

Hi guys,

Please can there be an option on the audio alert drop down list in the automation settings for maximum exposure?

This would be to help avoid over-trading / over-staking.

The user should be able to set a pre-defined maximum exposure (for any selection) in the parameter section.

In this example if my max exposure on any selection is -£500 the alert would sound as Team be has gone over this amount.

e.g.

Position is..

Team A = £200

Team B = -£502

Thanks!
Dublin_Flyer

You can do it already,

Rule Name: Ah Sh1t, or whatever you choose
Rule Type: Play Alert/Send Message
Applies to: ANY Selection

Condition: Close Trade Profit Condition is greater than -499 (minus 499)
or alternatively, Green All Profit Condition is greater than -whatever (minus whatever)

Select the audio file under Parameters, and make sure it's short and noticeable so it gets your attention. Screaming baby or nails on a blackboard are good ones.
There's a freeware program called Audacity so you can strip your own soundbite out of a song or film if you want to use that, that can be a bit distracting though, you end up looking for the perfect soundbite for your shituation. I just use a soundbite of my niece calling me a Silly Goose in an angry voice :lol: :roll:
mcgoo

Just a quick query..should
be Less than not greater than?
ShaunWhite

Less than minus number
Eg Profit < -499

It's one of those where the maths seems at odds with day to day language, but that's largely because language developed before the concept of negative numbers or the absolute value is assumed because the sign is taken as a given.
Dublin_Flyer

Shauns right, my bad. It's one of those weird things it's easy to get confused on.
Thinking of a number line going from -500 to 0 to 500; 0 is less than 500, and -500 is less than 0, so you want your alert at less than -500
Westerner

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:34 am
You can do it already,

Rule Name: Ah Sh1t, or whatever you choose
Rule Type: Play Alert/Send Message
Applies to: ANY Selection

or alternatively, Green All Profit Condition is greater than -whatever (minus whatever)
Thanks for the help Dublin Fyer but I don't think this is what I'm looking for. I already have an alert in place to let me know if/when my Green All Profit condition is over a certain amount.

What I'm looking for is an alert for total exposure on one selection which I believe is slightly different.

e.g. For example, my Green All Profit amount could be £200 but I may have £2000 exposed on one side (so if powercut etc. I'm in trouble)

Can't find this option in the list of parameters, but guessing it would be quite easy for Bet Angel to add.
Dallas

I think the condition your looking for is what Peterle suggested in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11474

Once that's available you would be able to add an alert to it
Westerner

Thanks Dallas. That sounds like it.

Would just need to make sure the parameter tests all selections for the user defined +/- £ value though.

Hopefully this gets added in the next version of Bet Angel but can see it was requested quite some time ago.

Return to “Suggestions”