Back CS draws, lay draw technique...profit GUARANTEED..."almost" (?)

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ilovepizza82

Ive read somwhere someone using this technique where he backs 0-0,1-1,2-2 and lays draw.
Is it good technique ? How does he make it profitable ? He dutches 0-0, etc and then lays draw ? How does it exactly work ? How much would i have to lay ? Any examples would be very appreciated. Thanks for any replies in advance.

Ps. Ok I think i get it. I dutch all the cs draws and then wait a bit for either 0-0 to hold up or any other draw and then lay the draw after some time when the price is low...like below 2.0 (?) ? Am i right ? But i think the problem is when the score is 1-0 etc....hmmm.
Last edited by ilovepizza82 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Euler

If you do that you are basically backing and lay the draw at the same time. By avoiding 3-3 you are effectively laying 3-3, so not sure why you just wouldn't do that instead?
ilovepizza82

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:39 pm
If you do that you are basically backing and lay the draw at the same time. By avoiding 3-3 you are effectively laying 3-3, so not sure why you just wouldn't do that instead?
To be honest with you this technique doesnt seem to work. I dont understand how the guy made it work coz if I (dutch) back 0-0 etc up to 2-2 risking for instance £10 and profit is £23 and then want to lay draw the liability before match starts is on avg. £25-30 to win £10 and very often it costs even more. So it cant work. No to mention if there is 1-0 or 0-1 etc. in play. And the guy claimed he used £100 to make £15-20 profit a day. I dont know much about trading and this kind of stuff so maybe Im doing something wrong here.
ShaunWhite

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:55 pm
To be honest with you this technique doesnt seem to work. I dont understand how the guy made it work
Where did you see it? Perhaps there's a detail we're not quite understanding.

It definitely won't be the case that backing/laying a certain combination of current odds will guarantee a profit. Many people run sophisticated systems looking for odds situations across different markets that guarantee a profit (aka arbitrage) and any money will be gone in the blink of an eye, returning the markets to a state of equilibrium. It would however be possible if you offered prices and they were taken, or perhaps by placing some of the bets inplay as the odds move.

There will as always be an element of risk/reward to consider. That is the very essence of trading rather than finding clever new ways to make a guaranteed profit. Some people spend a lifetime looking for loopholes in markets, be wary of anyone saying they have a get rich quick scheme or novel approach. Remember, an edge shared is usually an edge lost so question their motives too.
ilovepizza82

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:39 pm
ilovepizza82 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:55 pm
To be honest with you this technique doesnt seem to work. I dont understand how the guy made it work
Where did you see it? Perhaps there's a detail we're not quite understanding.

It definitely won't be the case that backing/laying a certain combination of current odds will guarantee a profit. Many people run sophisticated systems looking for odds situations across different markets that guarantee a profit (aka arbitrage) and any money will be gone in the blink of an eye, returning the markets to a state of equilibrium. It would however be possible if you offered prices and they were taken, or perhaps by placing some of the bets inplay as the odds move.

There will as always be an element of risk/reward to consider. That is the very essence of trading rather than finding clever new ways to make a guaranteed profit. Some people spend a lifetime looking for loopholes in markets, be wary of anyone saying they have a get rich quick scheme or novel approach. Remember, an edge shared is usually an edge lost so question their motives too.
Google: "Hedge two/three markets for small (but almost guaranteed) profit ideas?"
I found that info in the forum over there.
So i guess its nothing but BS : P
ShaunWhite

I'm sure it's based on mathematical truths but these things are rarely as easy as they sound.

It's good to look at these things though as it makes you more analytical and knowledgeable about the markets. They sometimes spark ideas of your own too about how they could be executed, perhaps using automation to obtain a small edge over a large number of matches or races.

There's even a thread on here that's dedicated to failed strategies, if you eliminate what doesn't work, what you're left with might.
ilovepizza82

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:02 pm
I'm sure it's based on mathematical truths...
(...)
Yeah. Maybe. But when I do:
1-1 £3.43 ODDS: 11
2-2 £1.57 ODDS: 24
ONLY 2 cs DRAWS (dutched)
STAKE: £5
Profit: £31.09
And when I lay draw 5.5 ODDS I would have to put £55 of liability for a profit of £10.
So if I win on lay draw i win £10 but lose on Cs = £5 profit
But if THe cs draws win: I win £31.09 but lose £24 on lay draw.
A bit risky to make £5 imho.
It just doesnt calculate to do it.
Is there a way to master it ?
ShaunWhite

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:07 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
(...)
So if it's not draw (the lay wins) you win £5
and if it is a draw you win £7.09?

Seems ok to me.
ShaunWhite

You need to compare your risk/return to work out what odds you're getting and compare that to what odds are available for that basic outcome. 'A bit risky' doesn't mean anything, you need to work it out in terms of odds.
ilovepizza82

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:17 pm
ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:07 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
(...)
So if it's not draw (the lay wins) you win £5
and if it is a draw you win £7.09?

Seems ok to me.
No no. I put it wrong way. My liability is £55 so i lose if there is draw. So im £24 out of pocket...unless i miscalculated something...
£31 profit from cs draws -£55 loss on the lay = - £24
ShaunWhite

So you have either a profit of £5 or a loss of £24.

That means you are backing the desired outcome at odds of 1.21
ilovepizza82

Not sure how i should proceed with this technique. THe only way is either win £5 or lose even more. At least in this case and others. Either small profit thanks to laying draw or "decent" loss "thanks" to draw.
As far as I can tell the only way I could use it would be to use cs draws as a cover of some of my lay-draw losses sort of thing if i lost cs draws and hope to win draw laying.
Last edited by ilovepizza82 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaunWhite

I'll say it again. You will NOT find a magic combination that gives you a profit unless you are prepared to offer prices and they are taken..OR you take a further risk (which you can calcuate) and place some of the trades inplay.
Hola_Gringooooo

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:39 pm
Back 0-0 and 1-1 and lay the draw during inplay..if traders are not able to eliminate some outcomes then they should get a real job..backing 0-0 and 1-1 and laying the draw is not the same as laying 2-2..of course you should consider having a good knowledge of the teams you are trading and a good selection also..
ShaunWhite

Hola_Gringooooo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 pm
then they should get a real job.
:?:
There's no job more real than one where you're entirely responsible for your own income.
By 'real' job I assume you mean one where you show up, drink coffee and read the newspapers all day, do almost nothing and still get a pay cheque, I've had plenty of those.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”