Auto Trade All Day - Spreadsheet

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
BAP-Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

We thought this spreadsheet recently posted was a good example of what can be done with the excel feature.

There is a lot in there, but this should prove a useful starting point for users. It sort of replicates the automation tab, flashes up last traded price and adds a lot more depth to it and, of course, it can run all day for you.

To use all day, load up the markets in Guardian and set to auto change at around 300 seconds. Then connect to the spreadsheet using the excel tab in Bet Angel. Be aware that unattended automated betting carries risk and is not generally recommended.

Please bear in mind it is not possible for us to offer support for this spreadsheet which has been written and donated by a long time Bet Angel user, whose only condition was that they not have to support it, give advice or re-code. We would like to thank him for donating it to the community.

It is open source so you can see how it is done and modify it to your own needs and set your own triggers or just use it as it is.

At the end of the day the idea behind Excel is to give users the freedom to develop their own ideas and learn. We give no guarantees that spreadsheets posted will be bug free or do exactly what they expect. So treat them with care. Use minimum stakes. And feel free to re-code them and share with the community.

The origin of this spreadsheet came from this thread which is also worth reading: -

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1982

Let us know how you get on with this sheet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stanman

Great fun!
Just have to get my head around the VBA programming!
BAP-Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

A lot of downloads of this file but no feedback.

Did anyone make any use of this file or have any success with it?
Stanman

I suspect there has been no feedback as everyone is licking their wounds... Auto Trade All Day is basically a one-stop ride to the poorhouse if used with horseracing - each race is different and a system with one cover-all betting strategy is not the way to go. Having said that, the spreadsheet has helped me to automate certain of my own criteria, so thanks are given for that. Was great fun testing! 8-)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The spreadsheet was never designed to be a money printing tool, just a way to help people automate elements of what they do. We had tried our best to make that clear. There is lots to be achieved by automating elements of what you do so we hoped this spreadsheet would help people achieve that. Once again, we would like to thank the user than went to the trouble to create it for the community.
nickesbank

Hi!
I tried the automated spreadsheet it for a week. (day and night)

First 24hours I went +120£ :)
I tought I found free money, but I had luck I guess in the start because all the other days I lost.

But anyway it's really fun and I learned a lot just watching.

Is there anyone who have found an automatic setting thats generate a plus every 24hours? Im still testing a little during the days to find this;)

It might be impossible but I dreaming to find it;)

BR

nickesbank
LeTiss

I think it's good, but only for very small stakes & I'm not sure that's going to make the kind of money I look for

The problem with complete automation is the need to build stop losses into the equation

The problem with stop losses is that it rates in 2nd place (behind leaving bad trades to go 'in play'), as the quickest way to destroy a trading bank. I would never, ever recommend using automated stop losses to any serious trader - they are nothing short of a disaster
ralf_del_mar

Yes, I did use it.
First it took me some time to figure out how to work with a German Excel and system settings. But having it run it almost looked like a money prining machine. Almost.
My experiences are
- it worked very well in all UK horse markets putting lay bets in.
- it even worked very well in in -play markets - however, I would not build a routine on my sample...
- it worked very badly in all small volume markets like US and AUS races, where much too often greening up did not succeed in time - thus I entered races at high risks and of course failed in the end.

I would have like to test it on soccer and tennis markets - but there the tool seems to fail. Or I do. While the Status message is deleted in the bet angel sheet in horse races, in in-play soccer and tennis matches the tool shoots in one bet - and that was it, no matter the "clear" time. Only if i manually delet that staus message, the tool continues to place bets. Why is that? Actaully, what kind of switches are close and clear anyway?
I would like to test if (given a fixed stake), a over under 2.5 market may collect enough income that even if the more goals are shot, it might be on average a way to go. dunno.

I agree, that the issue with stop losses is a serious one. Because even if one could unclick greening and keep all bets, well, that would be really all, not only the one that drives you into the minus and of which you hope, that during in-play it would be matched.
Regards, ralf
10pearlpete

I'm quite new to BA, but am reasonably proficient in Excel - and I can't work this spreadsheet out at all.
On the "Dashboard" worksheet, where does the figure of "12" come from in Cell A27, which is referenced in Cell H28? Maybe this explains why the "Bet Angel" worksheet does not "clear"? I'd be very interested to know what the P&L of the Spreadsheet author really is and whether he / she uses this spreadsheet in the latest published version(BetAngel-auto-trade-v2)?
As a final point - I really do think that there is mileage in auto-trading - but not sure this is the answer....... has anyone yet found the Holy Grail?
Zenyatta

LeTiss 4pm wrote:
The problem with stop losses is that it rates in 2nd place (behind leaving bad trades to go 'in play'), as the quickest way to destroy a trading bank. I would never, ever recommend using automated stop losses to any serious trader - they are nothing short of a disaster
Hi LeTiss,

Yes, naive stop-lossing has cost me a small fortune.

Stop loss can work, but I think you need something a bit more clever than just the simple naive function (I agree the simple in-built BetAngel function is worse than useless). You can build a spread-sheet to monitor a combination of factors such as price changes, volume, absolute price, weight of money, time and liquidity to make a solid decision on whether to exit (stop losses).
jmachep1980

Hi, I am new to all of this. :o I would love to find an automatic bot that scalps. I am looking for something like the forex robots that trade the market automatically taking small scalps on the movements. Am I guessing correctly that this doesn't exist yet?
Many thanks ;)
Euler

This is basically what this spreadsheet does, but only in simplistic terms. You would have to add some more refined logic to it if you want it to work for you. But it's a good example of what can be acheived.
mansonxu

Is the xls file that was shown/used in the Youtube video still available? Thanks.
Euler

Yes
pashulik

Hi to all. I'm newbie here. I've tried to load this spreadsheet, but after I'd clicked "Open Wordbook" BA answererd "Unable to open Wordbook - Old format used or wrong type of dll. (Exception of HRESULT: 0x80028018 (TYPE_E_INVDATAREAD))". I use Microsoft Excel 2010 (Russian) and BA Professional, 1.26.3. I've created new file and tried to load it but there is the same result again. What's wrong with this? Thank you very much. Sorry for poor English.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”