Market maker with stop.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
GaryCook

Hi,

I am using the pro version.

Doing market maker bets.
Was 1/3 up but then I had one and a lay bet was filled and then the fav went on to lose so I was virtually wiped out.

Would have closed the trade but I have been letting them run to the finish.
Is there a way to close them? Especially automated stop/loss?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Loving the potential Betangel has! :D

-Gary.
Dallas

You can run a basic automation file in the background to green you up at the off, a link to a ready-made one is below
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11361

Or you could use it as a safety servant or use one of the ready-made servant files like this one
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15199

You can edit and tweek them to suit your exact needs if you wish
GaryCook

Thanks a lot for that.

Is there any videos or forum posts on the best way to use the market making button to optimise profits?

Also, when I have been winning I had the green button switched on but when I pressed anything in the profit column like in the user videos to try and hedge it asked me to stake again.

Is that right? I guess this automation file will do that for me now but would be good if I knew how to do that manually and also how to close the matched bets. There doesnt seem to be an option for closing matched bets that I could see.

The good thing is. Every bet I have done so far (just randomly doing market making on the favourite horses) was in profit at some stage and that is awesome.
Dallas

This thread gives a few pointers on using the 'Make Market' button and it also has a link to a video tutorial too
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12967

Im not sure what you mean by asking to stake again (unless you mean you get a pop-up window asking you to confirm your bet?)
If it's not that pop-up window once you click a figure in the P/L column the relevant bet should be sent to the market at the odds shown and if matched you will of greened up for the amount that was shown

I can't remember the exact % off the top of my head but think its something like 96% that you can open any random trade and end up in some sort of profit at some time, however the remaining few % is what will cost you when the times comes and the price just keeps moving away.

What you should be doing is have an amount or number of ticks in mind your prepared to let something move against you and stick to it, and under no circumstances ever allow it to go in-play.
GaryCook

Was my bad. I didnt realise it had to make a new bet to green it up.
I like how it works. :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”