Scalping

The sport of kings.
Steve17

I have traded the horse racing to night I was successful 4 out of 7 times and the ones I lost where considerably more money very small stakes by the way 0.25 tick size, I think one of my problems is not waiting till last 10 mins. Just seem if I lay it goes down if I back it goes up heeeeeeeelllllllp
Derek27

Volatile markets like Chelmsford and most lower-grade meetings are not suitable for scalping. When it goes right you make a one tick profit. When it goes wrong, which could be 45% of the time, you'll lose several ticks - the market could even move 8 ticks in one go. It's like betting 1-3 on the toss of a coin!

I know a lot of traders wait for the last 10 minutes, but personally, I think it's even more dangerous if you are scalping. As I mentioned in another thread, you might do better on Saturday's big meetings, Ascot & Haydock.
Hank Thrilliams

I agree with Derek, if you want to be scalping the UK, you need to be involved from about the 15:00 >5.00, then get out when the five minute warning comes. Especially when you are just beginning. The big boys can come in with five minutes and go bang and take out 3-4 lines with one lump sum and if there's no stop loss in place you're in trouble. That doesn't tend to happen as much 10-15 minutes out from the jump. I think you'll be surprised how many times you can get in and out of the market giving yourself that extra time and jumping out before the big money comes late.
BetScalper

The last 2 minutes for me.

I like it when the big boys come to the party as you can get some massive moves.

The key is knowing when the moves have been exhausted and you can ride the reversals. :)
Niko

I came to trading after seeing videos of CB scalping. While I have had some success I do wonder if it's still possible to make a worthwhile income for the time spent at the screen (for a newcomer) scalping any more?? Profits seem easily wiped out in literally seconds in one duff trade!
Derek27

BetScalper wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:38 am

I like it when the big boys come to the party as you can get some massive moves.

The key is knowing when the moves have been exhausted and you can ride the reversals. :)
You can't scalp massive moves, you can only swing-trade them.
Derek27

Niko wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 am
I came to trading after seeing videos of CB scalping. While I have had some success I do wonder if it's still possible to make a worthwhile income for the time spent at the screen (for a newcomer) scalping any more?? Profits seem easily wiped out in literally seconds in one duff trade!
It is harder than it used to be - the key is to find the right, stable markets.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:09 pm
BetScalper wrote:

I find massive moves are some of the easiest to scalp, I often do it alongside an open swing trade, but if I miss the move then scalping it can still be a godd way of getting something from it.
It's the volatile whipsawing markets that are most dangerous and will often costly
BetScalper

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:09 pm
BetScalper wrote:

I find massive moves are some of the easiest to scalp, I often do it alongside an open swing trade, but if I miss the move then scalping it can still be a godd way of getting something from it.
It's the volatile whipsawing markets that are most dangerous and will often costly
+ 1
ShaunWhite

Rumours of the death of scalping yet to be confirmed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ruthlessimon

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 pm
You stole the words right out my mouth :)

I'm convinced algos love taking breakouts for only a couple of ticks. & also the pullbacks during the swing can be super stable for a few seconds (with super fillrates), & you've got a clear stop loss should it go wrong
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 pm
That's ebook material Shaun! You should know better!! :D

"All you need to trade is three methods."

1. Scalping. Use scalping on super stable markets (i.e. this one - show perfect chart)
2. Trend swinging. Use a trend technique on these markets (i.e. this one - show perfect chart)
3. Reversal swinging. Use a reversal technique on these markets (show perfect chart).

Then when the students come to you telling you it doesn't work. Blame their psychology - & sell it to them as an extra seminar :twisted: . Because it does work! All those three "strategies" are legitimate, in the right circumstances. And that is the paradox because knowing when to switch regimes accurately is nearly insurmountable!
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:12 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 pm
That's ebook material Shaun! You should know better!! :D

"All you need to trade is three methods."

1. Scalping. Use scalping on super stable markets (i.e. this one - show perfect chart)
2. Trend swinging. Use a trend technique on these markets (i.e. this one - show perfect chart)
3. Reversal swinging. Use a reversal technique on these markets (show perfect chart).
:lol:
Just two methods in the ebook.
1. Buy low, sell high.
2. Sell high, buy low.

Comes with a free blindfold and a pin.
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:20 pm
For you Shaun a discount :D

ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:32 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:20 pm
For you Shaun a discount :D
Great stuff Si. That's all I need to be a millionaire trader.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”