Videos - For current videos visit www.betangel.tv : Best video recording software?

Help, advice and trading in technicolour
megarain

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:07 am

Have started looking at screen recording, and the process to install OBS was pretty simple, aided by a decent tutorial on youtube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NqKw0sOKHE

I was happily screen recording, in about 60 mins, which, given all the settings that the video suggests u change, is pretty reasonable.

Dont be put off by the big black screen u initially get .. everything becomes clear.

Recommended.

Onlyzen

Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:53 am

these are list of video recording software .... you download any one
Ezvid. ...
TinyTake. ...
SmartPixel. ...
Screenflow by Telestream. ...
Icecream Screen Recorder. ...
Screencast-O-Matic. ...
iSpring Free Cam. ...

whimsies

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:33 am

I use "ispring free cam" this works well for me

Charlie

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:13 am

i use Camtasia. Its very comfortable

BlackHat Betting

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:53 pm

I use this https://www.movavi.com/screen-recorder/

It is easy... not as good as camtasia but it is good enough for trading videos :D

ShaunWhite

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:55 am

I've never heard anyone mention oCam.
It's either free or a one-time couple of dollars. Does the job. I'm sure there's 'better' but it's such a basic task it comes down to personal preference. It was on the cnet recommended downloads and it didn't come loaded with ads and nags etc so it's ended up being the one I use.

What I do need though is a good video player with varispeed ff & rw, incl frame by frame both ways. I've tried VLC and wasn't impressed. It's annoying not having even the same level of control as an old SVHS with a jog wheel.

Any recommendations?

Derek27

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:21 am

eightbo wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:29 am
Guys please don't be paying for any screen recording software.

Use OBS (google it). It's used by gamers and content creators to stream to platforms such as twitch/youtube and can also record local files. It's free and there are tons of tutorials on how to set it up available on youtube.

You can record to a local file, set the resolution and any hotkeys you want for various tasks (start/stop recording, use push-to-talk for your microphone etc.) all in all plenty of functionality.
Lastly and most importantly (for me) -- no watermark.

It's quite something looking back on trades, really showcases mistakes and how different we can become in the decision-making process in the moment when we are affected by emotion vs. when we are thinking logically watching in a relaxed setting.

Have fun guys 8-)
Thanks eightbo. I've installed it and just used it briefly. It looks quite good and easy to use.

eightbo

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:51 pm

Glad to help.

ShaunWhite

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:40 pm

I'll put it out there again ...

What I do need is a good video player with varispeed ff & rw, incl frame by frame both ways. I've tried VLC and wasn't impressed. It's annoying not having even the same level of control as an old SVHS with a jog wheel.

Any recommendations?

Recording is all well and good but what are you guys viewing with?

ruthlessimon

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:09 pm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:40 pm
What I do need is a good video player with varispeed ff & rw, incl frame by frame both ways. I've tried VLC and wasn't impressed. It's annoying not having even the same level of control as an old SVHS with a jog wheel.
High-speed scrubbing Shaun? I'm a huge huge fan of QuickTime (mac version), literally the only reason I still have an iMac. I don't think I could live without it

• Information