Lay the field questions

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
FriedAsylum

Hey everyone,

I've put together a basic lay the field bot for when I'm asleep. I've got most of it covered but I'm trying to figure out how to set a signal for minimum odds between fave and 2nd. I'd like to be able to set it so there can be no more than say 70c difference between fave and second pre off.

Also, I'm playing around with stuff and I'm wondering is there any way to automate placing different in-play lay bet odds on individual runners based on their pre off back odds?

Basically saying:

"If any runner is at $30+ 1min pre off, place a lay at 3 for a $10 stake"
"If any runner is $20-$30 1min pre off, place a lay at 2.5 for a $10 stake"
Does my noob jibberish make sense?
Dallas

This automation file includes a condition to test the gap between the 1st & 2nd fav so you could copy across the setting from needed there.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=12026

Its not possible to use the 'Lay all selections' rule if laying each runner at different odds, but you can set up individual rules for each runner then specify for example that the lay bet is placed X ticks or X percent below there current odds, SP etc
FriedAsylum

Ok great I'll give it a go. Thanks for the speedy reply Dallas, you're a champ!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”