Scalp the Cross-Overs Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

greety wrote:Still going inplay Dallas. Switched markets to 60 seconds and 200 ms refresh.
Can you post some log details and some screen shots of the settings on the general tab of the rules editor, the bets stop being placed 30 secs before the off and anything still unmatched is greened up in the last 10 secs so dont understand how anything is going IR for you

Something else for you to check is in your main Bet Angel settings area to ensure that you have "Cancel a selections unmatched bets when closing a trade" TICKED
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greety

The box was ticked Dallas. Will try some screen shots later.
Kaz2

Hi Dallas,
Just like to say thanks for this, I find it works very well. Thanks for putting it here.
Kaz
stemiller78

Could this be set to run for a number of hours before the race goes off? Is there a Risk to this?
Dallas

stemiller78 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 6:31 pm
Could this be set to run for a number of hours before the race goes off? Is there a Risk to this?
A risk where a loss gets out of control or a general risk that you PC crashes/losses connection whilst a bot is in the middle of running?
thesidex

Or leave as you currently have it and just tick the "Automatically switch Bet Angel Market box" 60 secs
That will open the upcoming market onto your main Bet Angel screen so it can be refreshed accroding to the refresh rate you have set here (which should be 200ms).
But if you do this the automation would not activate 15 minutes before, but 60 seconds before the race, correct?
Dallas

thesidex wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:37 pm
Or leave as you currently have it and just tick the "Automatically switch Bet Angel Market box" 60 secs
That will open the upcoming market onto your main Bet Angel screen so it can be refreshed accroding to the refresh rate you have set here (which should be 200ms).
But if you do this the automation would not activate 15 minutes before, but 60 seconds before the race, correct?
Why?
RECoDE

Hello I'm new here and have been trying this Bot out this afternoon / evening across a few races in practice mode to see what results it yielded, I left the bot to its own devices to see what results it would have while watching what trades it made , but unfortunately out of 6 straight races it lost money averaging from £1.50 to £3.00 , is there anyway to dial this bot in a little more and make it any more effective or have i just been unlucky with it, as i write this i have it running on a race and that also is currently trading at a loss

Any advice or recommendations to more effective bots to try would be greatly appreciated
ShaunWhite

It's probably the type of markets there's been today, illiquid and quite volatile. Not all strategies suit all markets. Generally people run tests over a few hundred markets and 1. Try and establish which markets were successful and 2. Look for what could be changed to suit the markets it failed on.

It's a huge topic and if you search the forum I'm sure you'll find some good advice.
RECoDE

Thanks for the reply, I plan on testing it a while further , i have been testing it over Lingfield and Wolverhampton today on the standard to win market

I was just unsure if there were any changes i could tweek to get it dialled in a little more, when looking in the config file i can see lay 2.0 lay 3.0 etc

does this mean that the trigger is "the odds of 2.0 have hit" so lay at 2.0 then it will back with an offset at 2.2

If i were to add more triggers such as Lay 2.4 back with offset of 2 so 2.6 etc it would make more trades at more trigger points instead of just the 5 that are currently in the file

I was also looking inside this file for stop loss triggers as i figured the main reason most was ending at a loss was because it would lay then it would go 3 / 4 tick below the lay pretty much instantly , if there were a more effect stop loss of under 2 ticks of the lay , it would minimise the loss's as it just seems to drop and not react at the moment

so in essence what i would like mine to do is take more risk and make more trades but at the same time be using a stop loss quicker until i can find the right balance that may work

is there a stop loss feature in the bot?

are they set to the base numbers for any particular reason?

Any advise and help is highly appreciated so thank you in advance
ShaunWhite

I haven't seen the bot myself but the 5 values will correspond to the BF crossover points. There's a yt vid about them on the Betangeltv channel. Stop loss points are a black art. Too close and the noise hits them, too far and your losses are excessive.
RECoDE

Yeah i know what you mean , i found the option in the bot instead of offset bet change to offset bet and stop and apply in the same way as the one click that was in the video just playing about with it at the moment to figure out where to put it as the bots a little different as it will lay again anyway if the trigger number is activated again
BetScalper

I always set my stop losses at min/max traded price for each selection.

Obviously this is in conjunction with entry criteria etc.
joelbbhc

Hi

I am new to the automated trading and I was wondering for this rule, how i can place a stop loss say 5 ticks below the crossover points incase the price dips in and stays there? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Dallas

joelbbhc wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:34 pm
Hi

I am new to the automated trading and I was wondering for this rule, how i can place a stop loss say 5 ticks below the crossover points incase the price dips in and stays there? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
When you edit the rule if you go onto the parameters tab it will be set as 'Offset bet'
Change this to 'Offset bet and stop' then just to the right of this enter the number of ticks you want it to trigger and place at

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”