IN PLAY highest odds

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
rain91

Hi guys

How can i see the in play high odds in horse racing?

Inplay high = highest odds where min. 100 GPD traded (as timeform).

I cant use LTP, because there is "refresh rate", and because of this ("refresh rate"), sometimes i cant see where was the highest odds.
Dallas

The 'Market Overview' screen (Speedo Icon) will show the Hi/Lo a selection has traded at
rain91

Dallas wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:46 am
The 'Market Overview' screen (Speedo Icon) will show the Hi/Lo a selection has traded at
Thanks. How can i integrate to Excel?
PeterLe

Take a look here - http://www.betfairpromo.com/betfairsp/prices/index.php
This shows the previous days results (in CSV format)
rain91

Thank, but i know.

I make a strategy based on the linked page (Betfairpromo), but i cant not see INP High and Low odds in Betangel Excel.

So i need INP High and Low odds per runners, in Betangel excel. Unfortunately LTP is not to good.
Képkivágás.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

If the data isn't sent to excel it's simple enough to write your own VBA routine to monitor the LTP to record the max price
rain91

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:15 pm
If the data isn't sent to excel it's simple enough to write your own VBA routine to monitor the LTP to record the max price
Ok, but LTP isnt enough :( Refresh rate is 200 ms, and if excel in "free time" ("0-200" ms), i dont know, where was the odds, and how much was it the traded volume.

Not possible, the market overview to excel integrate?
spreadbetting

Streaming is supposed to push the odds so theorectically you shouldn't miss any prices but obviously if you're not on the market it won't be logging those highs
ShaunWhite

I'd assumed that info was pushed to excel at the Guardian refresh rate not the market overview rate (one click or ladder). I should check that though rather than assuming.

You could always spark up another instance of BA and run it at 20ms?
rain91

Yes, i set it in guardian. But the minimum is 200ms, but sometimes in reality it is more, ~500ms - 1 sec.

But i think, 200 ms is also many.

I run my strategy in real money, and it is not good, compare to my theory strategy.

(i need someway the real INPLAY HIGH odds (min. 100 GPD traded, as in betfairpromo statistics) to excel integrate.
ShaunWhite

The min refresh rate is 20ms not 200ms if you enable Streaming.

You will never acheieve the max or min theoretical prices as found in the data with any degree of consistancy. You mention the £100 min traded price, the problem is, you won't always be the first person to take the money on offer.
spreadbetting

rain91 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:20 pm

(i need someway the real INPLAY HIGH odds (min. 100 GPD traded, as in betfairpromo statistics) to excel integrate.
The problem with using the befair promo stats is that they're compiled after the race has completed. Many of the high odds,to £100 traded, are acheived at the end of a race when odds go steaming thru the ladder to 1000 picking up the dregs when the horses chances are gone. Even if you go the full API route and compile your own bot you'd need to separate out the pre off and inplay volumes.

I've always found the historic odds are useful for getting a germ of an idea but you'd have little chance of hitting those 'theorectical odds' when playing live. You'll have a much better chance of profiting if you apply and tweak your 'strategy' to the data that's available to you rather than historic odds.
ocze0107

rain91 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:43 am
Hi guys

How can i see the in play high odds in horse racing?

Inplay high = highest odds where min. 100 GPD traded (as timeform).

I cant use LTP, because there is "refresh rate", and because of this ("refresh rate"), sometimes i cant see where was the highest odds.
Go to timeform.com and register there for free, about 30-60 minutes after the Race you can see at right side Hi and Lo.
ShaunWhite

rain91 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:43 am
The 'refresh rate' LTP is probably your best guide to what price you'll actually be able to achieve. The TF or BF data will contain the absolute max but unless you're going to be able to somehow run an even faster refresh rate when you're trading, it's more interesting than it is useful.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”