Betfair exchange : Bet Angel Spreadsheets

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Jonathan

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Guys,

Is it me?

I use Bet Angel spreadsheets and I am having some issues.

1. The status bar is moving to "Market Suspended" on a single horse, not the market. This stops my automated bets from being executed when in reality the market and the horse is very much in play
2. I have the status of the race using H1 to show if we are "In Play or Market Suspended, it is blank
3. I have placed a bet apparently on horse X but the horse I have placed is horse Y. Therefore, horse X is now placed and horse Y is still open. This means I have not placed a bet on horse X and horse Y is blocked as it states placed

I am now having to change my spreadsheets to clear down "Status"

Whilst this is not an issue for me it would appear that the Betfair API is not working properly and other members of the community could be getting spurious results.

Is anyone else suffering and if there anything we can do?

Jonathan

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi All,

Firstly I need to apologise, I used the term "Guys" which assumes that all betfair and Bet Angel users are Male which of course is not true, sorry now learned my lesson. It is a term we use generically and I have npw changed my ways.

Secondly, I am using Bet Angel practice mode, is this the problem

Apologetic Jonathan

Jonathan

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Thanks, not me then

Jonathan

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:43 pm

So, I reverted to an old laptop running Vista and Office 2007 as I did not have the time to mess around regressing windows updates. Same issue. Macro's no longer work, the Bet Angel_Clear_Down Spreadsheet generates a VBA defect and if I load any macros it does not work. I am getting the wrong horse backed and MARKET_SUSPENDED in my "Status" field. Or, the horse is placed when in reality it has not been placed at all meaning the horse has not placed a bet but the "Status" says it had.

This never happened before, any ideas

Thanks

Jonathan

• Information