Automation..Recovery

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
tonsils

I'm not new to trading but new to BetAngel automation.Just wondering if there was a a way to Back/Lay an outcome and if it fails (loses) to increase the stakes on the next bet to recover what was lost plus a profit.I know it can be done manually ...but can it be automated?
MemphisFlash

Forget the Martnigale System!!!
Dallas

To comply with the gambling commission guidelines the software does not support the use of loss recovery systems.
Gardnert97

Could this not be done through an excel sheet?
Dallas

Gardnert97 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:17 pm
Could this not be done through an excel sheet?
Yes, you can write it to a spreadsheet if you were really determined and wanted to use one at your own risk.

Think about it this way, if there was such a system guaranteed to work why would the developers not of built the option into the software to use it/them? Bet Angel could then be marketed as a guaranteed way to make a profit or not to lose money and sales would soar.

The reality is no loss recovery system works in the long term, and any strategy that relies on one is doomed and will eventually lead to even bigger losses somewhere down the line.
ExcelBet

I've played with this idea a few times over the years. In my worst example, I created an automated spreadsheet which layed the first horse to go under odds of 2.00 in play, and if it went on to win, the spreadsheet increased the stake in the next race.
Over the course of about 2 weeks I won over £1,500 and then one day when I wasn't monitoring the spreadsheet, I had multiple losses to the stage where I lost over £1,000 in less than an hour! I would have lost more but the spreadsheet was trying to place lay bets for a stake higher than what was left in the bank.
Every now and again I come up within another idea and think about doing something similar, but I find that if I test the idea for long enough I quickly learn that my idea wouldn't work.
Derek27

You really don't need to test the martingale system. Simple maths can prove that if you have a losing system, the more you gamble the more you lose!

Stakes should be based on confidence. It defies logic, when you've had six losers on the trot, to stake 64 times as much on the next as you did on the first, when it probably has an equal chance of winning. The last bet is nothing more than an act of desperation that has caused many people to blow their life savings. The worst thing about it, is that that last bet that blows somebody's life savings, was planned before he even lost a penny!
LeTiss

I can't believe how many forum members I've seen come and go over my 10 years here, where they seem more interested in loss recovery than anything else

Chasing losers have destroyed many traders, including some very talented and intelligent individuals. Having an aversion to losers is human nature, and it's a hurdle that is too difficult for some to jump

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”