External Automation without spreadsheets

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
GaryCook

Hi,

Personally, I prefer databases to spreadsheets.

Is it possible to automate Betangel with something like Macro-scheduler?

I am really good with it.

For example, I made a William Hill virtual races bot that OCRs the results from the video and saves them to a database.
Turns out virtual gambling is a bit dodgy so thats why I am here now instead.

How would I fetch results data? It uses VBA.

Also, could I command BEtangel directly with VPA.

IE, run the program with CLI and send commands to it?

Sorry for the convoluted post but I would, of course, accept just being pointed to the right help page or something.
ShaunWhite

GaryCook wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:21 am
Turns out virtual gambling is a bit dodgy
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OCR the video, really? That's a big effort just to play an online FOBT. What were you hoping to find? A pattern?
Derek27

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

GaryCook wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:21 am
For example, I made a William Hill virtual races bot that OCRs the results from the video and saves them to a database.
Turns out virtual gambling is a bit dodgy so thats why I am here now instead.
Gary, is this a wind-up or are you being serious ?

There's not much point in using spreadsheets or databases to gamble until you understand the very basics of gambling/trading.

Virtual racing is a form of gambling where the computer, commissioned by the bookie, decides whether or not you win. It's not possible to beat the bookie on this one, because they can decide, not only the odds, but the actual chances of a horse winning. They can't do that with real racing!
GaryCook

Mostly, I was just interested in tracking the difference in it and real-life sports.

Just happens that I made several thousand but its hard work and my cash-flow was all over the place.

There are patterns. Mostly if something happens in a certain period its like to correct itself.
You are right in that it is their house so their rules. Although, its global at least so not as gamey as doing online Roulette or Blackjack.

I like making bots. It's what I do for a living.
Not advertising, I don't know where to start with making bots for this yet.
Apart from the Betangel interface of course and that is already powerful. So I am looking forward to what I can build from it all.
GaryCook

Is that a no then?

The lack of support here is making me consider if I should pay for this. With all due respect.
LinusP

GaryCook wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:14 pm
Mostly, I was just interested in tracking the difference in it and real-life sports.

Just happens that I made several thousand but its hard work and my cash-flow was all over the place.

There are patterns. Mostly if something happens in a certain period its like to correct itself.
You are right in that it is their house so their rules. Although, its global at least so not as gamey as doing online Roulette or Blackjack.

Apart from the Betangel interface of course and that is already powerful. So I am looking forward to what I can build from it all.
Sounds like you are describing mean reversion which doesn’t really work long term on truely random events. I believe all random number generators on virtual sports have to be audited, can anyone confirm?

If you can program just access the API directly, BA is only a bloat if you don’t really need it.
PeterLe

Check this out Gary
https://developer.betfair.com/exchange-api/
Good luck
GaryCook

LinusP wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:59 am
GaryCook wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:14 pm

Sounds like you are describing mean reversion which doesn’t really work long term on truly random events. I believe all random number generators on virtual sports have to be audited, can anyone confirm?

If you can program just access the API directly, BA is only a bloat if you don’t really need it.
They are but what is legal or not is a bit lose to say the least.

For example, I noticed a pattern with online Roulette.

I don't have enough data to say for sure but the amount you bet seems to influence the outcome.
For example if you put the 5p units or the 25p.
Things I tried at lower stakes didnt work with higher stakes but worked again with lower when I went back down.

Also I think what they consider cheating is a bit loose.
For example, I think they can give you a small win in order to take a big win from you later.

I dont have tonnes of stats but I did have the results of several thousand.
Similar to virtual greyhounds.

Had some success with virtual sports and online gambling but I was partly just lucky and no I dont expect that luck to continue into the distant future.
GaryCook

PeterLe wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:09 am
Check this out Gary
Good luck
Thanks for that.
Good idea.
Maybe I can use my own code from scratch in conjunction with BetAngel via the Betfair API.
phrenetic

GaryCook wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:55 am

I don't have enough data to say for sure but the amount you bet seems to influence the outcome.
GaryCook wrote:
So, if we were betting on the same game/race, and you were betting with small stakes and I was betting with large stakes, we would see different outcomes to the game/race?
northbound

GaryCook wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:56 am
PeterLe wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:09 am
Check this out Gary
Good luck
Thanks for that.
Good idea.
Maybe I can use my own code from scratch in conjunction with BetAngel via the Betfair API.
You don't necessarily need to use BetAngel if you have the skills to build a bot that interacts directly with the Betfair API.
ShaunWhite

GaryCook wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:40 am
The lack of support here is making me consider if I should pay for this. With all due respect.
If you need support then you should use tech support, not the user forum.

The outcome of all virtual games is auditted as being random, just like online poker. The operator has no control over the outcome. The 'bookie' does NOT decide who wins.

On a purely logical level, people with huge resources and intellect have studied this field (it would be nieive to think they hadn't) if there was an 'edge' then the providers of virtual betting would be bankrupt. You're chasing rainbows.
GaryCook

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:59 pm
GaryCook wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:40 am
If you need support then you should use tech support, not the user forum.

The outcome of all virtual games is auditted as being random, just like online poker. The operator has no control over the outcome. The 'bookie' does NOT decide who wins.

On a purely logical level, people with huge resources and intellect have studied this field (it would be nieive to think they hadn't) if there was an 'edge' then the providers of virtual betting would be bankrupt. You're chasing rainbows.
Logical fallacy. Of course, they can control the outcome. They create the outcome. They or partners wrote the code.

I have made tens of thousands on virtual sports.

Its not completely random. You obviously dont know what you are talking about.

Not sure why you are getting your knickers in a twist, my boy.

I never condoned somebody use it as a get rich scheme. Just because its made me a lot of money it won't for everybody or even anybody else maybe.
GaryCook

phrenetic wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:50 am
GaryCook wrote:

GaryCook wrote:
So, if we were betting on the same game/race, and you were betting with small stakes and I was betting with large stakes, we would see different outcomes to the game/race?
Yes, from the data I have gathered over many many spins/hands.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”