Removal of 1 second inplay delay for inrunning horse bets

The sport of kings.
Bluffcity

Betfair are considering removing the 1 second delay for the in running markets on horse racing.

I know a lot of poeple on here run bots and I wondered what you concider the impact might be?

The inrunning markets have been suffering for a while with a lack of liquidity and large spreads between
the back and lay price. Personally I think its a good thing, will increase liquidity and benefit the markets.
The in running community is split though with many saying this could be a disaster.

Any comments appreciated
spreadbetting

For my bots I'd see the removal of the delay as a big bonus as they react to odds so the more up to date they are the better for me. Hard to know the effect it'll have on the stay at home in running players as I'd imagine the winners amongst them aren't playing so much when any 'live' feed delays affect them but should now have more chance of getting the odds they see. I'd have thought the on course players will be out buying new wheelbarrows though :)

The in play delay in racing has always been pointless so it's about time they remved it, 1 second has never protected anyone in an unmanaged market.
PeterLe

Bluffcity wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:57 pm
Betfair are considering removing the 1 second delay for the in running markets on horse racing.
Hi
Just wondered where you got this information from?
Thanks
regards
Peter
PeterLe

PeterLe wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:51 pm
Bluffcity wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:57 pm
Hi
Just wondered where you got this information from?
Thanks
regards
Peter
Edit: Just found this link online..http://community.betfair.com/horse_raci ... -bet-delay
bring it on!!! :-)
Bluffcity

If I ran bots I would be delighted with the prospect of no delay.
Lots of options available for cross matching across markets & exchange

It can only be a good thing.
LinusP

I have no idea what the impact would be on my strategies but hopefully it would be positive, it’s annoying that the only reason they are implementing is stay competitive (cash out / auto cash out)
Euler

Removing cross matching would have a much bigger impact in my opinion.
Euler

Perhaps the best way to test this from Betfair's perspective is to run two separate markets, one with, one without.
northbound

Happy with this, it's a step in the right direction.

I believe that every market, in every sport, should be opened a few days before the event starts and closed when the event ends.

No delays.
No suspensions.
No need for humans to manage it.
No complicated rules.
LinusP

Euler wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:13 pm
Perhaps the best way to test this from Betfair's perspective is to run two separate markets, one with, one without.
I think you would have to A/B test it, I doubt you could get any accurate results from a test involving splitting liquidity.
ShaunWhite

If anyone thinks a delay is beneficial then they could always go back to 2400baud internet. Somehow I suspect they won't.
3virgul14

May I ask all of you why you have never asked about different inrunning delays in football tennis or cricket?

Isit any different that a horse falls down or a goal scored in a football market? Both cases some odds rocket to 1000 and some other come in?
Derek27

I think the purpose or part of the purpose of the delay is to make it a more level playing field and give you an opportunity to cancel your bets if things change in a split second.
Simonlofc

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 pm
I think the purpose or part of the purpose of the delay is to make it a more level playing field and give you an opportunity to cancel your bets if things change in a split second.
is that right though? you press place a bet and in that sec before it hits the market you cant cancel it can you? i know if a horse falls when you were trying to back it at 5.0 you get 1000 on it when the bet hits the market, not sure that cheers me up much lol but in that 1 sec you cant do anything can you? in football the game may suspend and your bet saved but in racing you dont get that i dont think
BetScalper

This is great news as one of my systems places bets in gaps when LTP > LAY PRICE + 20 TICKS which corresponds to backers pulling their money out of the market.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”