number of matched bets question

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
stefan084

hi all. If I have an automation that triggers bets only after a previous bet has been triggered, can I just use the "Number of Matched Bets" condition and just add 1 to each subsequent bet trigger? For instance I have 4 bet triggers, after the 2nd trigger the 3rd bet would have a condition "Number of Matched Bets" is equal to 2. 4th bet would have "Number of Matched Bets" is equal to 3 etc. Is this all I need or am I missing something? As always any help is greatly appreciated
ShaunWhite

Might depend on if the previous bets were matched or not. You'd be better off setting a signal when you place your bets and using that rather than trying to count what's been matched plus those that remain unmatched.
stefan084

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:08 pm
Might depend on if the previous bets were matched or not. You'd be better off setting a signal when you place your bets and using that rather than trying to count what's been matched plus those that remain unmatched.
well if the previous bet wasn't matched it wouldn't trigger the new bet correct? The automation is for one selection not the market so there could only be 4 possible bets. For some reason no matter how many times I review the signal section I have some kind of learning block w/ it. I actually have a series of signals --"Signal if in loss/Reset Signal if in Profit" I took from the "Close if in Loss for 10 seconds" automation that I have after the initial lay bet is placed. Can I just clear the signals once the next bet is triggered so it will start the "Signal if in Loss" signal again or will I have to do something like create a "Signal if in Loss 2" ? Or maybe use the Checkpoint condition?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”