Automation newbie needs help

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
kasbac

Hi

I am new to betangel and actually posted part of the below question in the newbie section yesterday but now I see that it is probably more fitting in here (admin please feel free to remove my old post if needed). I am hoping to get some assistance from some of you experts in setting up an automated betting process. First step is properly pretty simply but could use some pointers please.

On a weekly basis I will select a number of specific soccer matches. If I can back a outcome (win) at a certain odds that I define for each individual match up untill 10 min before kickoff I want the bet to be placed as soon as the odds requirement is meet.

This is how far i have gotten so far with the automation rules editor:

General
Rule type: Place Back bet
Rule Trigger times: Relative to - event start time - Arm trigger at 23:00:00 before event start time
- Untill 00:10:00 before event start time
Allow rule to trigger up to 1 times
Applies to selection Guardian Nominated Selection 1

Parameters
Place at: Best Market Price
Stake: Fixed amount

Conditions
Condition type: Fixed odds condition
Selection: Current

The selections: back price
is: Greater than 2.6

Does the above look about right in relation to what I want to achieve?

3 questions arises currently:

1: By the look of thinks the rule will only start to look for the required odds 23 hours before kickoff. Can this not be expanded further? If possible I would like it to trigger 48-72 hours before kick-off.

2: The bet seems to be triggered just once, what happens if there is not enough liquidity in the market? ie i want to place a stake of 100 and only 80 is available at the required minimum odds?

3: Since I have varying odds requirements per match do I need to create a rule for every match or is there a smarter way to do this?

Hope someone will be able to guide me further, all assistance is highly appreciated and if any clarifications is needed dont hesitate to reach out.

/kasbac
Dallas

Yes the above part is correct

1, there is an option to have it 'always armed' so will be ready from the moment you apply the rule - remember though you need to maintain an active connection with Betfair so will need to be logged into Bet Angel for any automation rules to trigger

2, the rest will remain at those odds as unmatched, someone can then take the rest at a later times or you can have Bet Angel take a lower if it starts to shorten to far. Anything unmatched at KO will be cancelled (unless you instruct Bet Angel to keep it in-play)

3, you will need to amend this part each time you apply it and set the odds you want, if you whant to apply it to more than one market at a time (and use different odds) you will need to resave multiple copies of the automation file. Unless you some sort of set placing in mind ie, you just want to place the bet X ticks or % above the current market price then just one rule will do and it will adjust for each match depending on this.

HTH
kasbac

Dallas wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:38 am
Yes the above part is correct

1, there is an option to have it 'always armed' so will be ready from the moment you apply the rule - remember though you need to maintain an active connection with Betfair so will need to be logged into Bet Angel for any automation rules to trigger

2, the rest will remain at those odds as unmatched, someone can then take the rest at a later times or you can have Bet Angel take a lower if it starts to shorten to far. Anything unmatched at KO will be cancelled (unless you instruct Bet Angel to keep it in-play)

3, you will need to amend this part each time you apply it and set the odds you want, if you whant to apply it to more than one market at a time (and use different odds) you will need to resave multiple copies of the automation file. Unless you some sort of set placing in mind ie, you just want to place the bet X ticks or % above the current market price then just one rule will do and it will adjust for each match depending on this.

HTH
Dallas, highly appreciate your quick response! Thanks alot!

A few follow-up questions.

1. If I want the rule to be running from the moment I set up the rule up untill 10 mins before kick-off is this not possible?
2. Can a rule be set in the way that it will only back with the amount available? and then be re-triggered with the remaining amount if the odds becomes available again?
Dallas

1, to stop it with 10mins (or at any specific time) the longest arm time is 24hrs. If you were happy to leave it run to the KO time then you could use always armed still

2, there is no way to only place the amount that is waiting to be matched, tbh it wouldn't make much sense to do this anyway if your going to add more if their becomes more to match against - you would be better having your money on offer ready for someone to take
kasbac

once again thanks for the response Dallas, highly appreciated.

The reason for my question on number 2 possible becomes more clear when explaining the next step in my automation that I want to create, which I am not sure how to create so any help is highly appreciated here.

If my original bet (or part of it) is not matched 10 min before kick-off I want a bet to be placed at a lower defined odds requirement. Is this possible and if so how?
Dallas

Yes, thats possible and a few ways of doing it.

The most straightforward way would be to add another place back bet rule armed at 10mins till KO (or whatever you want) then add an 'amount of matched bets condition' so it will only trigger if your initial bet was not totally matched or if less than a proportion of it was
kasbac

Dallas wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:21 am
Yes, thats possible and a few ways of doing it.

The most straightforward way would be to add another place back bet rule armed at 10mins till KO (or whatever you want) then add an 'amount of matched bets condition' so it will only trigger if your initial bet was not totally matched or if less than a proportion of it was
Hmm not sure i fully follow, do I need to create a separate rule for the same match or do I create a second condition in the original rule?
Dallas

Another rule within that same automation file. With the rules editor, open just click the green 'plus' icon to begin adding a new rule using the details give in the last post
kasbac

hmm maybe I have it now, would you mind having a look?
back if over prematch.baf
I have modified my requirements slightly to the following:

Back a team at any time before kick off at minimum odds X. If this is not fully matched before kickoff back the remaining during the first 15 seconds of in play at minimum odds z. If this can not be achived there should be no bet.

I am especially unsure about the conditions for the in-play bets, can you confirm that I did it correctly?

Once again a huge thanks for your assistance you are a great assest to the forum!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

kasbac wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:23 pm
hmm maybe I have it now, would you mind having a look?

back if over prematch.baf

I have modified my requirements slightly to the following:

Back a team at any time before kick off at minimum odds X. If this is not fully matched before kickoff back the remaining during the first 15 seconds of in play at minimum odds z. If this can not be achived there should be no bet.

I am especially unsure about the conditions for the in-play bets, can you confirm that I did it correctly?

Once again a huge thanks for your assistance you are a great assest to the forum!
I'll have a quick look in the morning for you and let you know
kasbac

[/quote]

I'll have a quick look in the morning for you and let you know
[/quote]

Thanks Dallas, much appreciated!
Dallas

Yes its all fine.

Just to clarify if less than £20 has been matched the whole £20 will be placed again in-play so you could end up with £39 being placed.

There is no way to just bet the remaining amount (unless you do separate rules for each possible value) so your best setting it more generically to find the happy medium
ie, say that if less than £10 of the original stake is matched then place it again,

tbh unless you betting on very illiquid matches the chances of only getting part of £20 matched pre KO is very very slim anyway
kasbac

great! I will give it a test run over the weekend and let you know how I progress.

Once again, thanks alot for your assistance!
kasbac

So as promised a bit of feedback after the first tests yesterday.

For reference my requirements are as follows:

Pre-match: If odds reaches X any time before kick-off place bet. If this does not happen no bet
In-Play: If bet has not been placed pre-match then if odds reaches Z anytime within the first minut after kick-off place bet. If the does not happen not bet.

The bets that was matched prior to kick-off appears to have runned smoothly. If my odds requirement was met before kick-off the bets were placed and no further bets was made.

It does however appear that there are issues with the automation in the cases where the bets are not placed prior to kick-off. It appears that my pre-match bet still runs after kick-off? or am I miss reading the log?

Here is a log file

17-02-2018 16:02:34: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
17-02-2018 16:02:34: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
17-02-2018 16:02:38: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
17-02-2018 16:02:53: [G_Auto] : € 1.00 Back bet placed on Millwall at 2.84. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 116723521928
17-02-2018 16:21:49: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
17-02-2018 16:21:54: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
17-02-2018 16:40:33: [G_Auto] : € 1.00 Back bet placed on Millwall at 3.1. Fully matched at 3.1. Ref: 116734550405
17-02-2018 17:37:07: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
17-02-2018 17:37:12: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
17-02-2018 17:55:26: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended

and here is the corresponding rules file:
3,01_2,80.baf
Is there any fix to this?

All assistance if highly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

You have the pre-match rule 'Always armed'

It should be 'Relevant to event start time (with the appropriate time before KO you want)

The in-play bet should be 'Relevant to in-play time (with the appropriate time after KO you want)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”