Skrill and e-wallets - what are the benefits?

A place to discuss anything.
LinusP

Expect a lot of questions when attempting to get a loan or mortgage if you have large sums coming from a bookmakers even if it is positive. I had questions about PayPal amounts when getting a mortgage.
Trader Pat

LinusP wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:47 pm
Expect a lot of questions when attempting to get a loan or mortgage if you have large sums coming from a bookmakers even if it is positive. I had questions about PayPal amounts when getting a mortgage.
I wonder if Forex traders and the like have the same issues?
harsh

In many Asian countries, where depositing money into betfair is quite hard. People who are 'bit good in technology and who have contacts in countries like UK or Aus, they use Skrill, Neteller etc. as a side business, to transfer punters money into betfair accounts and charge transfering commission from punters. So those middlemen are using Skrill etc. pretty good, which is right or wrong, don't know. Its all about How desperate someone is to play on betfair.

Otherwise, Cricket and Tennis Exchanges are available through phone line all- year round, where anyone can bet from $10 to hundreds of thousands of dollars 'in-cash. No bank,no tax, No Premium Charge involved. From there onwards, people manage to invest that money somewhere else and still left with tons of cash left with them.
RicHep365

I would be very interested to know how many of Skrills accounts are genuine and how many are 'friends' accounts. I reckon a large portion of their business comes through this and a lot of skrill accounts are basically fraudulent. I'll be interested to see what happens to their business if a minimum bet rule comes in and people no longer need to have loads of accounts to get a bet on.
Derek27

Hi All,

Does anyone know why Neteller are asking this question before a deposit or what the consequences of answering it would be?
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:00 am
Hi All,

Does anyone know why Neteller are asking this question before a deposit or what the consequences of answering it would be?
Capture.PNG
The answer is 'non gambling'. You're a trader aren't you? We traders definitely aren't gamblers! If you get your collar felt I'm sure Peter would be delighted to be an expert witness at your trial. :D
Derek27

Found the answer and it's put an end to my paranoia. :D
Capture.PNG
Presumably it's just to help problem gamblers - but I suspect they would just click on gambling. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

Some new regs re the use of credit cards for gambling comes in shortly.

I am not sure, if you trf money via bank to skrill, if you can still trf from there. Its not clear how they would track deposits.
skrill amend 1.jpg
Derek27

I'm guessing e-wallets will now have sub-accounts, one for credit card deposits and another for non-credit card deposits. The question is, when a customer makes non-gambling purchases would it be taken out of the credit card account or would a £5 credit card deposit lock up a grand of gambling funds?

Not that many traders would need to use a credit card to trade.
megarain

True .. but traders are net winners on the exchanges.

So long as I can still trf, from say Betfair to skrill, to Betdaq, back to skrill, back to betfair it would save it hitting a bank account, with
all the accompanying grief that my cause.

I will try in a few days, after the 14th.
stu410

As you may be aware, the Gambling Commission in Great Britain has announced a ban on all credit card transactions made to gambling operators in Great Britain. This includes credit card payments made through an e-wallet, such as NETELLER, but does not apply to debit card transactions. The ban becomes effective on 14 April 2020 and in preparation for this, NETELLER will stop all credit card transactions to gambling operators in Great Britain on 8 April 2020.

What this means for you, as of 8 April 2020:
You will no longer be able to upload funds to your wallet via credit cards for gambling purposes
You will no longer be able to transfer funds via a credit card to any gambling operators regulated by the Gambling Commission
Please note, the ban only applies to credit card gambling transactions in Great Britain. You can still use debit cards or other alternative payment options, such as Rapid Transfer, to upload funds to your NETELLER wallet for the purpose of gambling.

The protection of our customers and our commitment to providing you with a world-class service remain our number one priority here at NETELLER.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services team if you have any questions.

Regards,
NETELLER Team
megarain

I funded my Skrill account with a trf from betfair on April 3.

Tried to trf it today to Betdaq, and it went thru Normally.

Presume it’s just credit card trfs into the Skrill account they are flagged.

Return to “General discussion”