Tennis: Uneven Green Up

mcgoo

I have been running a series of tennis bots of some time now and for the most part greening up has been even and successful(despite fast moving ticks in tennis). Every now and then though (once in roughly 40-50 markets) I get a hugely uneven green up or a loss that's much greater than it should be.I have found and recorded an example below. I have had conversations on here in the past(with Dallas) about not being able to use the restrict refresh on tennis -it appears that the changing/delayed start times that occur in tennis affect whether a market is detected as being in play or not(in a timely fashion).I mention this as I have(in lieu of restricting refresh) the markets cycling at 20ms to detect changes as fast a possible but am not sure if this is partially the reason for the below situation, in which case I am maybe stuck between a rock and a hard place :?
My bot currently greens up 15 times (hitting a nut with a mallet :D ) and this is set to arm every 10 secs( to account for the in play delay & give time to match- hopefully without waiting too long) The log below shows an anomaly that I can't get my head around that smarter brains on here may be able to assist with:

2/4/2018 09:10:48: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
2/4/2018 09:10:48: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
2/4/2018 09:10:52: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
2/4/2018 10:59:05: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for Alexander Vasilenko: Backed = 1
2/4/2018 10:59:10: [G_Auto] : $ 10.00 Back bet placed on Alexander Vasilenko at 1.47. Fully matched at 1.72. Ref: 115538946572 ( Fill or kill bet with 30 seconds delay. )
2/4/2018 11:00:07: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for Alexander Vasilenko: 40_All = 1
2/4/2018 11:00:12: [G_Auto] : Placed closure bet with greening on Alexander Vasilenko by Laying 6.99 at 2.46 (example 1)
2/4/2018 11:00:19: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for Alexander Vasilenko: 40_All = 1
2/4/2018 11:00:19: [G_Auto] : Cancelling bets 115539020210
2/4/2018 11:00:24: [G_Auto] : Placed closure bet with greening on Alexander Vasilenko by Laying 6.47 at 2.66 (example 2)
2/4/2018 11:00:29: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for Alexander Vasilenko: 40_All = 1
2/4/2018 11:00:40: [G_Auto] : Placed closure bet with greening on Alexander Vasilenko by Laying 2.59 at 3.2 (anomaly example 3)

So in the log above you can see example 1 green/red up was executed correctly and cancelled, the example 2 green/red up was executed correctly..all good..then example 3 green/red up is executed(and matched) which put me further into loss/unbalanced situation than I should have been. My bot detected an unrelated changed condition later in the match and did a green/red up for a +/- $6 loss-presumably to even up the deficit created earlier.My questions are:1. Why was the example 3 green up executed at all? 2.With the odds sitting at 3.2 why was the stake calculated at $2.59? I thought that (perhaps this applies to both questions) there was a partial match and therefore there was a need for another green up and a change of stake? If this is the case would there not be a cancelled bet notification in the log? The only suggestion I can come to is that there was a partial match on example 2 and example 3 executed just as the balance of example 2 was matched - matched bets show the whole 6.47 matched(not divided at all- this is as you would expect). If this is the case I am thinking that I need to increase my 10 sec delay to 12 and hope that helps but still would have thought there would be a cancel bet as part of the green up in example 3? :geek: . Thoughts on the questions and the delay setting appreciated.Hopefully I am not just being bot dumb & have explained clearly enough.Cheers. :P

Edit: I think I might have it :ugeek: , the incorrect stake was due to a partial match on the last green up(the log records only the matched amounts of successful bets but shows the whole stake for unmatched stakes-maybe I don't have it :cry: ?) and the match on the second green up not being detected..which means I need to think about indeed increasing my delay...mmm delicate ... :| this stuff hurts my head :shock: :)-feel free to comment if you have any.Cheers again
mcgoo

I found this In the Bet Angel help- it says:
"It is important to note that the log only records the status of the bet when initially submitted to the market. It will not update itself with any changes such as the above bet subsequently being matched."
I assume this applies to the stake too in that the log records the stake attempted not the stake matched.

I have only seen this particular anomaly once in 50 markets now..maybe a Gremlin :shock: :D or it has to do with the lack of restrict refresh, not sure.I'll keep watching and see how we go.
Incidentally, I am still not entirely clear on why I can't have restrict refresh on for Tennis in Guardian :? . I mean if a horse race is delayed for 30 min- In-Play only starts when Betfair turn on the/a In-Play flag (presumably this is how BF work) ? but things seem to be working well enough anyway so will leave that for another brain cycle day :D as perhaps I am not seeing the whole picture.Happy trading :mrgreen:
Black Ice

I am trying to use Dallas's 'Trade the server using Delayed Bets bot'. I have it set on one player..it is putting in a bet at start of game..but at end it puts in another idential BACK bet..then two GU bets. Can anyone explain what is going wrong please. It should be one back..one GU. As below..Thanks
08/02/2018 16:41:44: [G_Auto] : £ 50.00 Back bet placed on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at 1.09. Fully matched at 1.09. Ref: 10114
08/02/2018 16:42:08: [G_Auto] : 1 Automation Signals Cleared
08/02/2018 16:44:10: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for market: delay = 5
08/02/2018 16:44:20: [G_Auto] : Placed closure bet with greening on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga by Laying 50.46 at 1.08
08/02/2018 16:44:20: [G_Auto] : £ 50.00 Back bet placed on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at 1.07. Fully matched at 1.07. Ref: 10115
08/02/2018 16:44:27: [G_Auto] : Placed closure bet with greening on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga by Laying 49.54 at 1.08
08/02/2018 16:45:10: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for market: delay = 5
mcgoo

The version of that bot I have/downloaded is set to trigger multiple(100 -can't recall if I changed it from Dallas' version though) times.This means if the 0-0 points condition with one respective player serving is satisfied, the bot will trigger (with a 5 sec delay) until the number of times threshold is breached.It looks to be working as designed :) ?..or did you modify it to only trigger once?
Black Ice

Many thanks indeed for your input McGoo...but It really is completely hopeless having all these bots if one can't work them ...think its about time BA had a FREE tutorial on webcam for example on operating bots. I have just spent an entire (fruitless) day trying to get the above bot to work properly. An intelligent assumption is that 'Back Server' ANY selection...covers both players...and yet currently its only triggering on one...& yes..both players are well under the 4.1 set in Conditions. So what is wrong...anyone know please?
Dallas

Black Ice wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:18 pm
Many thanks indeed for your input McGoo...but It really is completely hopeless having all these bots if one can't work them ...think its about time BA had a FREE tutorial on webcam for example on operating bots. I have just spent an entire (fruitless) day trying to get the above bot to work properly. An intelligent assumption is that 'Back Server' ANY selection...covers both players...and yet currently its only triggering on one...& yes..both players are well under the 4.1 set in Conditions. So what is wrong...anyone know please?
If you have not made any changes to the original file then 5 seconds after the start of each new game when the score is 0-0 it will
'back' the player serving
'green up' the player not serving

The only other thing to check is that you don't have 'Optimized Greening for 2 Selection Markets' enabled in your main Settings 'Greening' area
This would cause both sides to trigger at the same time

The online academy already has a free course on using automation
https://online.betangelacademy.com/
mcgoo

Another Gremlin.Was watching the Nishikori/Anderson game. Noticed that Tennis Trader had the wrong player serving :? ..re calibrated but stayed that way.BF sending the wrong signals down the pipe perhaps. :geek:
mcgoo

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15750

On another related note: Something I noticed..out of 195 matches...the favourite flag was not set around 51 times using this baf file. This, from what i could tell, was due to the matches starting early (compared to Guardian start times).This may be why you can't have restrict refresh on when using Guardian and tennis matches + automated trading.I found using the baf file with the flag set after the off .i.e. when the market turns In Play is far more reliable. All the best
mcgoo

So I have been running tennis automation for some time now. For the most part it works well. I have noticed on occasion though some timing issues where if the automation file is set to fire twice, for example, every 12 seconds( this interval can vary without affecting the experiment :) ) it will do this reliably and then every now and again will run minutes apart.Even when the score line is a condition( e.g. after first set and no games or points won/scored) I have a feeling this is due to the lack of ability to apply the restrict refresh (me being a bit of a broken record but I can't get my head around it) to tennis. I think that the market cycling affects the timing but I can't be sure as the problem is intermittent.It is the same on different machines-same anomalies(not necessarily on the same matches though).I can't understand why Guardian can deal with horse races being delayed but not deal with varying tennis start times-is this not just a case of looking for an In Play flag (as an example of how I think it could be dealt with)? Apologies if I am not understanding but it is causing profitability issues in my tennis trading.Thanks in advance

Return to “Tennis Trading”