Using Excel for every race in a day

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
firlandsfarm

I'm trying to figure how to set up a workbook so that it works through a day's races for in-play activity. Is there a way to set up the "BetAngel_1.xls" (the Single worksheet template) to scroll through from race to race switching at a predetermined time before each race or is there a simple way to create a large number of worksheets in the "BetAngel_Multiple.xls" workbook and use the autobind facility to link a worksheet to each race? In the tutorial it says you can have as many worksheets as you wish in BetAngel_Multiple.xls but does not go on the say how you can add more worksheets than the 10 provided ... do you use the Excel 'copy worksheet' function to do this?
Dallas

You can create additional sheets just by copy and pasting,
Or you can use a single worksheet if you use the restrict market refresh to ensure only one market at a time is getting refreshed
firlandsfarm

Thanks Dallas, in fact after a bit of Googling I learned about grouping worksheets where a change to one is a change to all so I was able to copy as a group rather than one at a time and enter my formulae in just one and it filtered through all. :)

I'm, now wondering about the end of the day ... I assume I need to 'regroup' the worksheets and delete the Bet status cells.

My next question would be if I want to run more than one strategy I assume I open a new instance of BA and just connect to a different spreadsheet same as I would with Guardian automation.

I do a lot of spreadsheet work so now I've opened this Pandora I can see lots of experiments coming. :)
MemphisFlash

you can have 2 instances of excel open with one bet angel. you have found the one in guardian. but you can also use the excel tab on the bet Angel tab. I do this constantly. 2 excels to one bet angel
firlandsfarm

Thanks Mephis, good to know now i am in the groove :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”