UK Snow and Weather in Your Area

A place to discuss anything.
Dallas

Anyone escape the overnight snow?

I just measured 8cm on the patio this morning, If I can dig my car out later this morning Im going to try and get hold of a thermometer to nail to the fence for the next few weeks
Derek27

I used to have a mini wireless weather station but now, what's the point ? You can get the exact temperature for your on you smartphone.

There's patches of snow all over East Anglia but the important question is, who on here lives the closest to Cheltenham?
SeaHorseRacing

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:41 am
I used to have a mini wireless weather station but now, what's the point ? You can get the exact temperature for your on you smartphone.

There's patches of snow all over East Anglia but the important question is, who on here lives the closest to Cheltenham?
I already said me. Lol, less then an hour, like 25 miles away. Little snow so far, but blizzards on the way.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:

There is one forum user on here I know of whose house overlooks the course
Dallas

I can barely see 25ft out the window for thick falling flakes - the dog at least loves it!
SeaHorseRacing

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:49 am
I can barely see 25ft out the window for thick falling flakes - the dog at least loves it!
If Cheltenham is postponed, I think there could be value in the likes of Douvan, Faugheen and Yorkhill. Most horses are going to be absolutely prepped for Cheltenham week (especially Nichols and Hendersons horses) and their feeding plans could be seriously affected.

There current odds, if available if postponed by a couple of weeks I think will show a profit, if you bet them as dutch for their individual races.
Derek27

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:42 am
Derek27 wrote:

I already said me. Lol, less then an hour, like 25 miles away. Little snow so far, but blizzards on the way.
An hour is a fair way - I thought somebody (as Dallas mentioned) might be closer. Let's hope we get a report from that forum member, or better still, photographs of how deep the snow is. :lol:
SeaHorseRacing

If it stays cold, you just never know with the amount of snow they have forecast.
screenshot-www.bbc.co.uk-2018.02.27-09-01-48.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

After a lot of showers yesterday we currently have zero snow, rising to zero by the end of the day. Jealous!
Original-Soultrader

we had a scattering that was visible at 6am, by 10 it had gone thanks to sunshine. Now it's just started snowing with small flakes.

I'm in Derbyshire.
Dallas

Nearly double the depth of snow here this morning - now about 14cm :)

When I first looked out this morning you could not see where road, paths and peoples gardens started and ended!
Folanjo

Where are you? I'm in Essex and we have about 3 cm and a massive over reaction by the schools and Helicopter parents lol
SeaHorseRacing

Snow arrived in South Wales, a forecast of 3 days of significant snowfall and Amber warnings here, live in mountains. I love it!

Blizards here tomorrow and friday, with snow all day Sat and Sunday forecast. Cheltenham going to take a battering.
Euler

We finally had some snow late yesterday that was enough to build for the kids to build a small snowman. Plenty more on the way by the look of it. F1 testing in Spain is snowbound as well.
Derek27

At least 6 inches in Norwich. My cat's going to be driving me mad all day as she can't get out!

Return to “General discussion”