Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Atho55

I live 20 mins away from Southwell and it`s blowing a gale here and freezing cold so it`s likely to be there. 4"-6" of snow on side roads so would not expect many on course punters tbh
SeaHorseRacing

Bookies probably called Southwell up, begging for them to keep the meeting on so people venture out and get to the bookies, welcoming them with a cup of warm tea or coffee as there FOBTS need warming up and could freeze.

Absolutely pointless to have Southwell on and really makes you wonder, is Southwell racecourse really going to make a profit today????
Which could be argued proves one thing, there is far too much racing and what really is the reason in such a pointless meeting. This is like the local pub football team playing the next village in a friendly in today's weather. What is the absolute point?
SeaHorseRacing

The BHA really are a joke, its a fact that the racing industry relies upon the FOBTS, they really need to sort this mess out. 3 or 4 runners in nearly every race.

I could understand if it was full of trial races as a warm-up for horses ready for Cheltenham or something. Why I let it bother me I don't know, but some days like today makes me feel embarrassed to earn a living from this joke of an industry.
All the grooms probably travelled miles 4 am this morning to get in, ride 4 lots, now travel to Southwell for today's meeting.
Halliday

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:55 am
The BHA really are a joke, its a fact that the racing industry relies upon the FOBTS, they really need to sort this mess out. 3 or 4 runners in nearly every race.

I could understand if it was full of trial races as a warm-up for horses ready for Cheltenham or something. Why I let it bother me I don't know, but some days like today makes me feel embarrassed to earn a living from this joke of an industry.
All the grooms probably travelled miles 4 am this morning to get in, ride 4 lots, now travel to Southwell for today's meeting.

Don't think Donald McCain/ Brian Ellison and their owners will be complaining if they pick up a few races , still bills to be paid ..Can't please everyone tho

Notice that there's two British runners in a claimer at Deauville( Beckett/ Smith runners ), tho maybe they're hoping they won't be bringing them back. Plus the ex Mark Johnston horse Monteverdi who also won on the beach at Laytown for Jamie Osborne.

And there's an additional Bumpers fixture scheduled for Monday at Kempton

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/news ... -releases/
Halliday

Photo of Frankel enjoying the snow .. and of one of his foals at Juddmonte farms in Lexington Kentucky... might "ungrump"
SHR and bring a smile to his day !!

Maybe we should have "a post a photo or your favourite Racehorses thread " just a thought .. should I start one ? 😊
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RicHep365

Not sure I've ever seen a horse go off at 1.04 before, tomngerry at southwell just has!
mobius

Today, they'll bet on anything:-
Winter Winner (1).jpg
;)
bbc.co.uk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Halliday

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:55 am

Think Donald McCain apart from having three winners also gave several of his Cheltenham runners ( including Testifty ) a spin round the track, saying he can't get any work into them at home because the ground is frozen .

So it wasn't all in vain
Euler

Thought I'd posted this already but I'm sure you are aware already Lingers is five behind advertised time.
Euler

Lack of clashing has really suited me today.
Atho55

Weather near Southwell today, overcast with visibility about 200 mtrs at the moment. Sprinkle of snow overnight and rain shower this morning. Temperature rising. No wind.
Derek27

Spring at last. :D
dragontrades

bet some of you made a bank on Kupatana
ShaunWhite

dragontrades wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:47 pm
bet some of you made a bank on Kupatana
Maestro Royal was the bonus for me so far.
Layed it at 1.34, lost my internet connection and by the time I'd enabled my 4G it was 1.5...phew !
Made a nice change...especially as it went on to win. Thank goodness for mobile hotspots.
dragontrades

crazy stuff at lingfield there

Return to “Trading Horse racing”