UK Snow and Weather in Your Area

A place to discuss anything.
SeaHorseRacing

10 inches of snow here, and the storm still on its way, still haven't seen the heaviest yet only few hours away. Weather warning all the way to Monday too. Cheltenham is going to need day temps of atleast 8 to be getting this out of the ground. Biggest Snowfall I have ever seen!
Derek27

The cold snap will be over early next week with south-westerlies expected to take over, well in time for Cheltenham.
SeaHorseRacing

Just seen the long range weather forecast for next week. Mid-late week- 50/50 uncertain exactly how far south jet stream will go... one way is mild other is further cold weather from east.

IMO, this weather is just too powerful to be a one-off, I have the feeling that its still very possible for further cold, its just so unheard of this weather now.
Derek27

It's not unheard of - we just had a few mild winters and many people have forgotten what winter is!

We also had a ridge of high pressure over Scandinavia 3-4 years back lasting two months. It was March/April so it wasn't so bad.
SeaHorseRacing

Its clear I am over excited, but the snow in my garden is only just lower than my window seal. All my windows are covered in snow and cannot see through them, truly amazing weather to witness.

All the snow has built up around the houses like a skate park half-pipe ramp.
ShaunWhite

No updates :? ......I'm starting to think shr is either burried under an avalanche or he's funned himself to death.
mobius

If you are really lucky you'll get politicians dancing round the streets in their prettiest wellies promising lots of money for flood defences. :roll:

Return to “General discussion”