Removal of 1 second inplay delay for inrunning horse bets

The sport of kings.
BetScalper

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 pm
Just reacting to an observation simonlofc made earlier about how annoying it is when you back a horse in running and the bet is suddenly matched at 1000 because the horse fell: just an annecdoal story: some years ago it was reported a punter was placing an in running bet on a horse only for it to be matched at 1000 just as he placed it because the commentator said it had fallen, a few seconds later the commentator corrected himself as it was in fact a horse with similar colours that had actually fallen. I believe the punter ended up winning around £40k. Not good for the layer/s though!
I remember that. :)
gutuami

superfrank wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:59 pm
Very much in favour of removing the delay for in-play racing.

Hopefully the day when we have TV pictures for all sports with delays measured in milliseconds is not too far away.
what about a super premium charge let's say for more than 10 bets in running. Bf is capable of that too.
superfrank

gutuami wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 am
superfrank wrote:

Hopefully the day when we have TV pictures for all sports with delays measured in milliseconds is not too far away.
what about a super premium charge let's say for more than 10 bets in running. Bf is capable of that too.
They're capable of scrapping the premium charge too. What's your point?
gutuami

superfrank wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:53 am
gutuami wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 am
superfrank wrote:

They're capable of scrapping the premium charge too. What's your point?
the point is that they do whatever they want. And if by chance removing delay will prove successful they will take their lion share.
ajdal

BetScalper wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm
This is great news as one of my systems places bets in gaps when LTP > LAY PRICE + 20 TICKS which corresponds to backers pulling their money out of the market.
You know there are all sorts of profitable systems that exploit the fact people naturally like round numbers...
Crazyskier

superfrank wrote:

Indeed
BetScalper

ajdal wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:21 pm
BetScalper wrote:
This is great news as one of my systems places bets in gaps when LTP > LAY PRICE + 20 TICKS which corresponds to backers pulling their money out of the market.
You know there are all sorts of profitable systems that exploit the fact people naturally like round numbers...
Has nothing to-do with round numbers in-running, its when the horse looks like losing and the backers start pulling their money, hence the LTP is far greater than the odds on offer.

The same happens when the horse looks like winning and the LTP < BACK PRICE - 20 ticks which corresponds to layers trying to pull their money out of the market.
cmuddle

BetScalper wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 pm
ajdal wrote:
BetScalper wrote:
Has nothing to-do with round numbers in-running, its when the horse looks like losing and the backers start pulling their money, hence the LTP is far greater than the odds on offer.

The same happens when the horse looks like winning and the LTP < BACK PRICE - 20 ticks which corresponds to layers trying to pull their money out of the market.
And does it work? Why they wouldn't pull their money out at current prices?
Tuco

I would also like the removal of all the different in-play delays as I'm convinced this is an opportunity for 'some' to be rewarded with no in-play delay and thereby bagging themselves a valuable and unfair advantage. It would not surprise me in years to come if someone were to spill the beans about this sort of trickery, so for me no in-play delay across the entire selection of markets would be a good thing.

I'm sure Ed Murray aka DJSunset would have a view on this...
Last edited by Tuco on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BetScalper

cmuddle wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:20 pm
BetScalper wrote:
ajdal wrote:

There pulling there money out because they don't want it matched at all.
cmuddle

BetScalper wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:13 pm
cmuddle wrote:
BetScalper wrote:

ok I don't see the connection here between LTP < BACK PRICE - 20 ticks and layers trying to pull their money out of the market.
If somebody cancels their pending bets why would suddenly LTP be much lower than the Back Price?
BetScalper

cmuddle wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:40 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:13 pm
cmuddle wrote:

ok I don't see the connection here between LTP < BACK PRICE - 20 ticks and layers trying to pull their money out of the market.
If somebody cancels their pending bets why would suddenly LTP be much lower than the Back Price?
It was explained in one of Peters newsletters sometime ago. Don't forget you have people operating at different connection speeds as well as on-course traders with virtually no time delay on exactly what's happening, that's why often what you see on the screen is delayed somewhat and has already happened.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”