Signal challenges

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Jossy_79

Hey,

I've built a number of files now that are designed to place bets in the second half of a match based upon the scores in the first half. The challenge I'm facing is that I can't get the signals to fire consistently when goals are scored. Sometimes they don't fire and sometime they fire twice for the same goals!

Any chance people could look at the attached files and see if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Jossy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jossy_79

Quick update on this. I built some test automations to see what signals for goals would arm under what circumstances. I tested combinations of "Unsuspended Time condition" and HROC across:

60 / 5
60 / 10
60 / 15
60 / 20
90 / 5
90 / 10
90 / 15
90 / 20

In about 50 matches in:

Match odds
Over/under 1.5 goals
Over under 2.5 goals

Predictable observations:

- The 5 tick signals were constantly firing when they shouldn't have (too sensitive)
- The 20 tick signals weren't firing all the time (not sensitive enough)

However, and probably the most concerning, was that:

- 10/15 tick signals would fire sometimes and not at other times
- 90 second signals would quite often fire twice for the same goal (sometimes 60 second versions too)

Is this just inevitable given odds are moving around or is there some way to make the signal goal automations more reliable?

Thanks,

Jossy
Dallas

You could add a 'relative odds condition' to say selections
lay price
is equal to
back price
+1 tick

That wil ensure no gaps between the back and lay price so market should be about formed rather than just prices matching at random odds while it settles
Jossy_79

That will do it! Thanks AGAIN for the tips.

Jossy
Jossy_79

Hi. So I tried this technique but the signals weren't ever firing. Looking at the markets in play it would appear that only the really high liquidity markets get back to lay prices within a tick of each other. Most of the markets I tried to test this in, even with £20k traded, were still over a tick apart. I amended the rule to 5 ticks apart and tested - they fired a bit more but not all the time. I then moved the rule to 10 ticks and tested - they fired almost always when there was a goal but also the problem with duplicate signals happened again.

To try and find out what was going on I decided to write a rule that every 30 seconds a lay bet would be placed into the market so I could mark the odds and see why a signal fired or didn't fire. The rule worked perfectly for the first 3 or 4 times and then stopped. I've set it to rearm every 30 seconds and fire 240 times so there shouldn't be any reason for this?

I'm really sorry to keep bugging you on this and I appreciate all the help you've been giving me. I guess I'm slightly at my wits end because I'm trying to work out what's going wrong but I can't! Any ideas on why the rules won't rearm more than 3 or 4 times?
Jossy_79

Ignore me - being a tired idiot. Set time for 2 mins not 2 hours!!!

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”