Suggestion to swap runner names in ladder when changing one.

Help improve Bet Angel.

Change to suggested or keep current layout?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Change to suggested and automatically switch
50%
Keep current layout
50%

Total votes: 6
RonObvious

Hi,

Sorry if the title sounds confusing but I don't know how else to word it.

As an example imagine the following: In Ladder 1 we have a horse called Bob, Ladder 2 is Paul and Ladder 3 is MIke, if you change ladder 2 to Mike you then have the same horse in ladders 2 & 3. In other software they automatically swap when you change one, so for instance when you change Ladder 2 to Mike Ladder 3 automatically changes to Paul.

This may not sound like a big deal but in races with large fields when you want to keep an eye on a mover it can be a bit of pain to have to change more than 1 ladder especailly on a Saturday when you only have 5 mins between races.

I'll throw a poll up to see if anyone understands what I'm saying and agrees.
Tuco

...the problem is with your suggestion is there are many times I have the same runner in two ladders - one in order to back and one in order to lay - in many markets there is often a large spread between the back and lay prices hence the need for two ladders with the same runner .
RonObvious

Tuco wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:21 am
...the problem is with your suggestion is there are many times I have the same runner in two ladders - one in order to back and one in order to lay - in many markets there is often a large spread between the back and lay prices hence the need for two ladders with the same runner .
Hi Tuco,

The markets you're talking about would have to be very low liquidity markets. I'm talking more about markets like horse racing where there is lots of liquidity. I take you're point however so maybe I should have added a third selection on the poll for an option in the settings to set it however you like.

I had an instance yesterday in a 6 runner low grade race where prices were moving about all over the place. Was very frustrating having to change 4 of the ladders just to get the view I wanted to, and the precious extra few seconds it took to do this cost me to miss a move. Must be an easier and quicker way.
to75ne

cant you just use the sort 123 button at the top of the ladder? i would have thought you would only at most need to see the first 6 or so runners in the betting (most of the time first 4 or less). the back of the field is usually of little or no consequence to trading pre off.
RonObvious

to75ne wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:04 pm
cant you just use the sort 123 button at the top of the ladder? i would have thought you would only at most need to see the first 6 or so runners in the betting (most of the time first 4 or less). the back of the field is usually of little or no consequence to trading pre off.
Using the 123 button just sorts them by price. Not sure if you've read what I said at the start of the thread or maybe I havent explained it very well.

I use a 6 ladder set up, in a competitive race lets say the runner in ladder 1 is drifting and the runner in ladder 5 is coming in and the other 4 runners are static. From this its easy to see that runners 1 & 5 are directly affecting the price movement on each other so in this scenario I put the runnner from ladder 5 into ladder 2 so they are side by side and its easier to see the effect they have on each other. When I do this I then have the SAME runner in ladder's 2 & 5 which now means I have to go and manually change the runner in ladder 5. Not a huge problem you might say but now lets imagine a race like a novice or maiden and the runners in ladders 1 & 4 are drifting and 2 & 6 are coming in. I then have to change four ladders around to avoid having just 2 runners taking up 4 ladders and not being able to see another 2 runners at all. Again you might say this is not a big deal but the amount of moves I've missed because I've being fiddling about with ladders is very frustrating.

As I've said in other software as in the example above if I change the runner from ladder 5 into ladder 2 then they swap positions automatically which is much easier.

BetAngel is by far the flagship software on the market so it would be nice to have the option somewhere in the settings to enable this. Also I'm sure it would be pretty simple to incorporate.

This may not sound like a big deal to some but in the heat of the moment where seconds really matter it can make a huge difference.
to75ne

seriously i think you are finding problems that are non problems. concentrate on trading not non problems.
jimibt

tbh - i know very little about servants but i think that in combination with a rule that monitored LTP ticks (lost or gained) over a period of xx seconds, you could then get that servant to move opposing ladders next to one another if they met the conditions.

as i said, may be talking out of my a$$ here, but if servants can manipulate windows and shortcut keys, then maybe it's already there in BA.
Tuco

jimibt wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:41 pm
tbh - i know very little about servants but i think that in combination with a rule that monitored LTP ticks (lost or gained) over a period of xx seconds, you could then get that servant to move opposing ladders next to one another if they met the conditions.

as i said, may be talking out of my a$$ here, but if servants can manipulate windows and shortcut keys, then maybe it's already there in BA.
...if you're not careful you'll be watching the action with your mouse poised over a selection, whilst unbeknown to you the servant or automation will have changed the order of the ladders and thus you'll be firing in your bet on the wrong selection = misery!
jimibt

Tuco wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:52 pm
jimibt wrote:

...if you're not careful you'll be watching the action with your mouse poised over a selection, whilst unbeknown to you the servant or automation will have changed the order of the ladders and thus you'll be firing in your bet on the wrong selection = misery!
yeah, as i said, my rear end likes the sound of its own voice maybe on this one :D tho in all seriousness, i used to do a very similar thing in an api rolled app that i used to use (Simon/Dallas - you'll remember the concept). in the appi, i looked at the book% rolled into 100% and lined up the top 4-5 pistons (runners) in realtime and visually represented the movement both inside the runner and relative to the next most active opponent. this presented a visually rich way to see where the activity was. as i said, for crap manual traders like me, it made life easy.
RonObvious

to75ne wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:34 pm
seriously i think you are finding problems that are non problems. concentrate on trading not non problems.
If this suggestion would help me become a more efficient trader by saving me valuable seconds in a fast moving market and thus enabling me to make more profit (which I know it would) then it is not a non problem. And I'm sure if it helped me then it would help others. Just because it wouldnt enhance how you trade personally doesnt make it a non issue unworthy of debate. And I already concentrate 100% on my trading.
jimibt wrote:

Hi Jimibt,

Thanks for the feedback but I dont think you would even need servants. Other software already has this function so it should be pretty simple to implement for BA but I completely respect that its all down to demand.

Return to “Suggestions”