Best Triggers to use as an indication the odds will move

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
RECoDE

Hi guys I thought id start a new thread , if there is already a thread on this please point me in the right direction as i didn't find anything on it

I have been working on some of the automation bots pre match / race over the past week , i have been trying and testing with the triggers and conditions

In a liquid market such as a popular race what are the best triggers to use or set the bot to look out for as an indication of the odds moving in one direction or the other

I have been monitoring the weight of money as one but i know it can be manipulated by the market , in an ideal situation if the WOM is 80/ 90 % should that be pushing the odds down hense maybe a good use for a trigger for the bot to back and then offset with a lay , and maybe visa versa , 10/20 % WOM lay with an offset back

Is there any better indications than WOM that the bot can monitor that i may have overlooked ? any help or advise on triggers which can effect the odds movement would be greatly appreciated
ShaunWhite

So you're looking for a reliable automatable predictor of a future price movement? ... Join the club. ;)
mobius

Dammit, I wanna know that one too! I use the Range% in market overview- at this time( 07.30 UK) it's no good - BUT during the 5min pre-off I find it pretty accurate - and you can sort up or down on the column. The market sorts itself out in the 5 min before (102%-98% (tends to average~) ). If the fave is at 0% and the 2nd fave is at 100% - L2B on fave (it "should" go up) and B2L on 2nd fave (it "should" go down) - the auto-sort on the means that you automatically spot if the 3rd fave (et al) is playing at silly buggers and you can also move the columns about so you can have volume% right next door. I'll post up a screenshot later today when it makes sense. Just now I use servants to bang in the lays on the fave and places on the second fave - obviously doesn't always work but you can just hedge out at a 10% loss if it's gone totally mental. I would like to automate using the range%age - I can "see" it but can't "detect" it - sort of thing. Old fashioned simple way would be: -
-------------------------------------
At off -5min
01 time
02 If range (RED) at 0% then lay with a fill/kill at ltp-1
03 if range (GREEN) at 100% then place with a fill/kill at +1
elseif
03 have coffee ;)
endif
-----------------------------------

Repeat till cash runs out. I posted a request for joystick control so I could do this on 1 PC but just use two PC's and two mice(s). Problem is with both hands in use it makes it bloody difficult to slurp coffee and drag on a fag as well. :cry:
Life's a bitch that way, :cry:
RECoDE

thanks for the reply's guys and your wonderful insights Shaun

im having a bit of success with the range plus WOM combined with conditions

so at the moment i have several conditions setup for multiple backs / lays

i have multiple tiers setup dependent on probability

for example for my greyhound bot .....

only set for favorite based on odds
market value condition must exceed
selected value must exceed
lay book percent must exceed
the the WOM must exced specified percent
before it triggers the lay with an offset of 1

same rules apply for my back

i have several tiers within the bot based on the percentages
so if its a lower percent trigger a smaller stake

if its a higher percent trigger a larger stake

i just wasn't sure if there had been any conditions i have overlooked to tighten those rules up was all
ruthlessimon

RECoDE wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:41 pm
In a liquid market such as a popular race what are the best triggers to use or set the bot to look out for as an indication of the odds moving in one direction or the other

I have been monitoring the weight of money as one but i know it can be manipulated by the market , in an ideal situation if the WOM is 80/ 90 % should that be pushing the odds down hense maybe a good use for a trigger for the bot to back and then offset with a lay , and maybe visa versa , 10/20 % WOM lay with an offset back

Is there any better indications than WOM that the bot can monitor that i may have overlooked ?
How about keeping it super simple & just using good ol' price - relative to a certain point. Rather than backing 90% weight of money, what happens backing after 9ticks of movement etc etc
Euler

A loose horse will make the price drift, kerching.
ruthlessimon

That's too herd like Peter!! I wonder the probability of a recovery, if it can be brought under control, with varying degrees of time remaining, double kerching
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:21 pm
That's too herd like Peter!! I wonder the probability of a recovery, if it can be brought under control, with varying degrees of time remaining, double kerching
Or it might be withdrawn, kerdamit.
ruthlessimon

Ah so that leads to another point, where that IP% gets displaced on average - jeeez don't even wanna think about testing that one!
RECoDE

Thanks for the insight Simon , ill give this a go , which condition is that set with as there is quite a few based on odds

Many Thanks
Euler

This thread was popular: -

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5106
ruthlessimon

This might be slightly off topic but.. IMo the really interesting issue, that the mugs thread glossed over, was the psychological aspect of a solid edge with a low frequency. So I think labeling it as "perfect" isn't quite true. "Perfect" only to those with that level patience. & who genuinely has that kind of discipline, certainly not me!
RECoDE

I think im on to it , Historic relative odds condition

so basically instead of weight of money concentrate on the second favorites price as the better indicator

so if the second favorites price is drifting it will normally cause the favorites price to shorten as the books trying to balance itself which is a better indicator than the WOM

just out of instrest what is the best condition / signal to use to kill the bot and stop it from firing off any more trades , i haven't been able to find an answer to that

I know you can use the green out profit if it reaches your target but it doesn't stop the bot firing off more bets after its greened up

is there a signal or condition that you can set that says for example profit of 5.00 has been reached no further bets

:geek:
RECoDE

yeah the bot im trying to make is just for a few small point offset scalps rather than larger swing trades , thats why i was looking for smaller indicators for triggers such as wom or odds
jimibt

you can add a condition that no more bets be placed if your greenup total is > £xx

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”