Dutching Green up?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Hooch

So if I Dutch manually on the Bet Angel Tab, I cant seem to close and green up all trades for the predicted profit/loss like one can do in ladder /one click mode in play.
As im new and cant seem to find the topic here im wondering dose a function exist whithout using the Automation service??
I know if I Dutch on the Betfair interface and then go to Bet Angel and use one click/ Ladder I can green out but if I Dutch on Bet angel it appears as N/A.

Also in the Bet Angel dutching tab after a bet is placed how come the predicted profit on the right hand side keeps chaging aswell as the Bet stake??
Any help or advice welcome...
Dallas

From the FAQ section
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13161
Derek27

I should just warn you Hooch, if you back or lay the entire field using the dutching/bookmaking tabs, it shouldn't be necessary to green up as this will be automatic when all the bets are matched (unless you change your mind after one or two have been matched). But greening up in this situation can result in large counter bets being placed and actually increase your liability and leave you in a disastrous position.

It's quite possible to back or lay a field repeatedly for more than the money in your account, in which case, greening up may be impossible, as it would require more than you have in your account. Don't override the default settings unless you're sure you know what you're doing.
Hooch

More a case of if i dutch 80% of the book say for a 15 return on all of the selections(say 5 out of 8) and 3/4 of the race is over and 2 selections are out , one looks to be pulled up, one of my non selections is trading at 3.5 and running well and im offered -15 where my liability is near 200. Id gladly get out for a small loss as when i calculate runners backed vs what i havent against what is left the best scenario in my opinion is to get out even if i get it right or wrong at the time. Feel long term it works better. Sorry if the post dont make sense(in my head it dose).
Not sure if this is the right approach or not...
Derek27

Hooch wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:21 am
More a case of if i dutch 80% of the book say for a 15 return on all of the selections(say 5 out of 8) and 3/4 of the race is over and 2 selections are out , one looks to be pulled up, one of my non selections is trading at 3.5 and running well and im offered -15 where my liability is near 200. Id gladly get out for a small loss as when i calculate runners backed vs what i havent against what is left the best scenario in my opinion is to get out even if i get it right or wrong at the time. Feel long term it works better. Sorry if the post dont make sense(in my head it dose).
Not sure if this is the right approach or not...
You post makes sense. :)

In the situation you describe, it does seem sensible to green-up for a £15 loss. Bare in mind though, that prices change quickly in running - if the favourite is going backwards (I think you would have to be on a short priced horse to have a green-up of -£15) it could go unmatched and not reduce your liability by much.

It sounds quite a risky strategy to me. If your betting at odds of 15/200, which is 1/13, you would need a very high percentage of winners just to break even.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”