Betdaq Cheltenham trading challenge

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Euler

Betfair down 15% year on year and Betdaq up 20%
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:30 pm
Betfair down 15% year on year and Betdaq up 20%
Great to hear - and probably would've been a bit more bar those lock ups yesterday
Derek27

megarain wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:53 pm
day 3 results. Another 6/7 day .. so 18/21 or still 85%

P/L 2300 added to 1052 = 3352 * 85% = 2849

I have no idea if that number will be competitive to win the trophy .. It might be thereabouts

Tempted to kick for touch, and just have 2 quid books, last day. Will have a think.

chelt betdaq day 3 pl.jpg
Well done on the Ryanair, don't forget that they reserve the right to exclude you if in their opinion your activity is not within the spirit of the rules - whatever that means.

Is the difference between the total P/L and net P/L the commission you pay on Betdaq?
megarain

Hi,

Thx for input.

A few things to note, which may or may not have value ..

Back in the day, when Dermot Desmond owned Betdaq, he was a serial entrepreneur, and he had a lot of internet ventures. One of them, was a website, which offered trading challenges like this, for stock/forex trading. I never got involved.Dunno what happened to it .. suspect it was closed.

IMHO, the rules are badly framed. If its to encourage trading, I would have allowed for the worst 3 results, and best 3 results to be discarded, and ensured maybe 10 trades per race.

I sorta thought activity not within spirit of the rules, would be someone having a 5k bet .. obviously winning, and then having 2 quid bets the rest of the meeting.

Am not really that bothered .. I tend not to read too much into these things ..

The P/L diff is comm. I have trades on other sports, but its been excluded.

On balance, I think I will trade normally on Day 4 - take all greens.

It shouldnt be too hard to get 7/7 - I already have green books on 4 races.
Derek27

Thanks for that info, 2% commission without PC is quite appealing.

Spirit of the rules can mean anything. I remember four years ago Betfair had the BOG (best odds guaranteed) offer on Saturdays. The game was, back any horse on the exchange at two selected meetings up to a maximum of £100 and if the ISP is greater they refund you the difference, up to a maximum of £1000 for the Saturday. I thought the catch might be that they reserved the right to exclude anyone who 'abuses' the offer.

I stopped trading on Saturdays for several weeks and just went flat out, backing every horse that had a decent chance of winning for £100, and then laying it at the best price I could get, making a small loss if necessary. On one occasion I had £100 on a maiden favourite at 3.5 (at the time the bet was placed) that went in with an ISP of 8/1.

I would have thought that what I was doing was abusing the offer as it must have been aimed at drawing backers away from bookies and onto the exchange, but they paid up and I made a couple of grand out of it.

They stopped doing it after a few month, but I noticed the last time they had a similar offer, their T&C excluded bets with lay bets on the same horse. :lol:
andyfuller

megarain wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:53 pm
day 3 results. Another 6/7 day .. so 18/21 or still 85%

P/L 2300 added to 1052 = 3352 * 85% = 2849

I have no idea if that number will be competitive to win the trophy .. It might be thereabouts

Tempted to kick for touch, and just have 2 quid books, last day. Will have a think.

chelt betdaq day 3 pl.jpg
Some brilliant results in there Megarain. I am also interested to see that you trade a lot of other markets on Betdaq.

Is that something you do day in day out or are you just on Betdaq because it is Cheltenham?
megarain

Thx .. have had some run good.

I dont trade racing, unless I get a serious itch (just tend to lose at it, to be honest, and it bores me)

Trade a lot of cricket.
PeterLe

andyfuller wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:54 pm
Good to see you are still keeping your hand in Andy; Hope things are good with you :)
spreadbetting

Did you ever make the move into the financials, Andy or still with the exchanges?
andyfuller

PeterLe wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:49 pm
andyfuller wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:54 pm
Good to see you are still keeping your hand in Andy; Hope things are good with you :)
All good here thanks mate, good to see you are still active - must drop you an email.

Hope you and the family are all well!
megarain

Day 4 results .. 7/7 .. couldnt help myself in the first.

so, 25/28 or 89%

Total profit about 4820 (may be subject to 20 quid free bet) .. so 4820 * 89% = 4289

Did I beat anyone of the Bet Angel band of traders ?

Betdaq Chekt Day 4 Pl.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andyfuller

Fantastic effort in that first race - you smashed me - hope you win the comp you deserve it with those results this week, I'd be surprised if there are many other traders pulling in those totals once you exclude Peter W (think he said he was excluded from the comp).

They should have made more of the comp imo by publishing some sort of league table at the end of each day - can't help but think that that would have given more publicity to it and raised awareness more about trading on BD - seems they didn't really do any promotion of it during the week bar the odd tweet.
megarain

And the winner is :
betdaq comp.jpg
First time I ever won anything .. lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

megarain wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:15 am
First time I ever won anything .. lol
Not at all mate, you are a winner in life! ;)

You earn a decent living, working for yourself, doing what you love

Well done with the £1000
dt888

Well done Megarain!!

Return to “Betdaq exchange”