Russian Presidential Election 2018

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Korattt

In light of current events is Putin still nailed on to stay in office?, what’s your thoughts?
LeTiss

Who's going to stop him? - He'll just poison all his opponents
ShaunWhite

The current events won't harm him one bit. Still 1.01.

Everyone's acting like our secret service has never done similar things and we carry out drone executions with collateral victims almost every week. To Russia he was an enemy of the state. I'm not saying what's happened is OK just is reacting worth the potential consequences.

It's terrible that they expect sport (world cup boycott) to be dragged into this when sport has so often been the healer like it was in South Africa and even in the recent winter Olympics softening relations with North Korea.
max_usted

Putin's approval rating at 80% (according to Gallup, a US company) (this time last year):

https://www.rbth.com/news/2017/03/29/ga ... ing_729738

I'm sure that the spy and other incidents would/will hugely bolster his support. I'd think that the average Russian citizen has less than zero sympathy for billionaires and (from their perspective) traitors from the post-Communist period who are hiding in exile - thieves/traitors hiding overseas.

This especially where they are held up in the UK, this given the bizarre levels of hostility being directed towards Russia by the UK/USA establishments, who have essentially made Russia a scapegoat for their own election failures (those resulting in Brexit/Trump).
ShaunWhite

That's what I've been hearing too max. Spot on.
sionascaig

£4.5k waiting to be taken at 1.01 atm (500k matched so far)... Free money?
ShaunWhite

sionascaig wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:31 am
Sounds like the price of him being poisoned by our secret service before the result. I wouldn't take 1.01 about any political betting these days.
gutuami

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:47 am
Who's going to stop him? - He'll just poison all his opponents
the poisoning was just a lesson for other spies nothing more than that. He has no opponents at the moment. one promising oponent is Alexey Navalny with his ~2million subscribers on youtube and all the investigation videos about corruption. all the others are a smaller "copy paste" of putin.
jamdog

Putin wins with 73.9% of the vote. 70-80% at 4-1 was tipped here a couple of months back

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index. ... -election/
Derek27

sionascaig wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:31 am
Surely the best value 1.01 you'll ever get?
SeaHorseRacing

I understand all the who har but, if you become a grass to a very powerful control and betray them what do you honestly expect to happen.In fact, I think the UK is at fault here for allowing such a prime target to be wandering our streets. Its a perfect example of our country's immigration policy on political correctness and not based on facts and being smart. Yes nerve agent on our street is awful but what do you expect, the guy was a grass a grass who had access to secretive state information.
Did they do anything like this when kids were blown up in Manchester? Little children, but a grass gets poisoned and now the whole of Russia is accountable. Why wasn't every Islamic Imaan expelled?
ShaunWhite

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:02 am
Its a perfect example of our country's immigration policy on political correctness and not based on facts and being smart.
He was a double agent, one of 'ours', released back to us in a prisoner exchange programme. How did you want to treat him after he put his life on the line for us, send him back to Russia?
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Did they do anything like this when kids were blown up in Manchester? Little children, but a grass gets poisoned and now the whole of Russia is accountable.
Nobody is saying the whole of Russia is accountable, just Putin and we're just expelling some of his diplomats, not even all of them.

Seriously SeaHorse you know your horses but your news analysis isn't great.
BetScalper

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
I understand all the who har but, if you become a grass to a very powerful control and betray them what do you honestly expect to happen.In fact, I think the UK is at fault here for allowing such a prime target to be wandering our streets. Its a perfect example of our country's immigration policy on political correctness and not based on facts and being smart. Yes nerve agent on our street is awful but what do you expect, the guy was a grass a grass who had access to secretive state information.
Did they do anything like this when kids were blown up in Manchester? Little children, but a grass gets poisoned and now the whole of Russia is accountable. Why wasn't every Islamic Imaan expelled?
Bringing a nerve agent into a foreign country and releasing it is an act of war.

There is only one way to deal with Putin and his inner circle. I am sure Israel would have a few ideas. :)

Return to “Political betting & arguing”