BetAngel for idiots (me)

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Bunchie3174

Hi all
I'm relatively new to this Betangel thing and I made great strides with the practice mode. I then made great strides with consistent trades with £2 stakes (for a few days) before my losses wiped out my gains and more.
I've watched endless videos and posts about it so I know i'm not alone but I have some questions that I could do with help on.
1. How do I add effective stop losses to some of my auto bot rules? They pay out well but losses keep racking up even though I can't work out how to 'kill all trades' and get out before incurring a bigger loss than necessary.
2. Can you put more than one rule in at a time?
3. Best practice? I am known (by myself) as someone who will try 100 bots and servants on 100 small bets to see what sticks. Is there a more structured technique? Say learning ladder trading first?
All help gratefully received.
ShaunWhite

1. Add a "Green All" rule with a condition that checks the Green All Profit condition. Set it at the profit or loss you'd like and your position will be closed
2. No, but you can combine rules if they don't clash vis a vis signals or #bets or P&L conditions.
3. Whatever floats your boat really if you're very new to it. Try different things for a while (best if 1 at a time) and see what you're enjoying doing and doing best on. Some guys are all automation, some are all ladder, some other things and some a mixture. Not the answer you wanted maybe but there's such a vast range of things to do, picking a one size fits all starting point is tricky.

I'm not quite sure how you've managed to try 100 bots and servants on 100 races so quickly?
Bunchie3174

That's great thanks. That will get me to the next stage. I'm currently using a servant to close positions. I've added some to bot files but they must be in the wrong place.
I have to put the 'green up rule' in 'general' page and add conditions? I think I have only put conditions in and not attached them to any rule. That would explain it.
Thanks again
ShaunWhite

Bunchie3174 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:10 pm
I have to put the 'green up rule' in 'general' page and add conditions? I think I have only put conditions in and not attached them to any rule. That would explain it.
Thanks again
You can't have conditions without a rule to apply them to.
Bunchie3174

OK, I've tried with a rule and condition.
Rule was Green all selections
Condition was 'Green all profit condition' set to green all profit across selections if greater than -£2.50.
Result
Despite my trade winning, a £2 lay on a drifter, it closed my position for £0.17 win, instead of the £1.98 I'd usually get.
I'm suspecting I may need to tweek the greening settings further but not sure how.
I want it to be able to go down to -£2.50 before it greens up. Some of the runners can dip to this point inplay especially before settling into position just after the start.
Is there something i can factor in to avoid an early green up? I'm trying to get my head round the signals atm.
Bunchie3174

Attached is my amended .baf. If that is any use?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Bunchie3174 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:09 pm
Condition was 'Green all profit condition' set to green all profit across selections if greater than -£2.50.

I want it to be able to go down to -£2.50 before it greens up.
Those two are the opposite.
I think you probably mean that you want to green if the profit is less than - 2.50.

Ie
-5 is less than -2.50
-1 is greater than - 2.50
10 is greater than - 2.50
Etc
Bunchie3174

Hence the 'idiot' bit in the OP.
Should I set the condition as a 'green all profit condition' or a 'close trade profit condition'?
ShaunWhite

Bunchie3174 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:12 pm
Hence the 'idiot' bit in the OP.
Should I set the condition as a 'green all profit condition' or a 'close trade profit condition'?
You're not the first to have made that mistake and won't be the last.

Green all will give you an equal return/loss across all outcomes.

This section might be useful as it explains the different rule types - > Rule types
Bunchie3174

I've put in a green all rule and conditions to close position a-£2.50 but it doesn't appear to work.
I can't work out
A: what time parameters to use. I have from 5 sec to 4min after event start time
B: what it needs to know from the actual bet/trade to work out when to close
C: and why, when I try to do the close manually, it seems to take longer than 5 sec to close out.
Again, help appreciated

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”