Too many bets in market

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Charon

How can I prevent Bet Angel for putting too many bets in the market? I.e:

At some point during the match I want to close the trade on selection. Bet Angel puts in the relative bet. Imagine the bet doesn't get fully matched and the odds drop 1 tick. After 15 seconds the rule will trigger again. At that point Bet Angel fires in a second bet. Imagine that this second bet gets fully matched. The first bet is still unmachted and in the market. For some reason the odds go up for 2-3 ticks. The first bet gets also matched. At that point the rule isn't executed anymore and the profit/loss isn't the way I had imagined.

How can I solve this problem?
Dallas

If you're closing the trade or greening up any existing unmatched bets will be canceled each time a new order is triggered.
This can also be edited in your 'Green Up' area of your main settings
Charon

Thanks Dallas. Didn't know that.

Other question I have:

I have Green Up re-arming every 15 seconds for 120 seconds (for a profit of $2.50 or above). After the first green up the profit for the selection is +$3.25, but the other selections are +$7.60. How can I set things right? I want the profit equal over all selections with a minimum of +$2.50.
Dallas

'Close trade on selection with greening' will green up individual selections
'Green All Selections' will green them up collectively
Charon

And how should that answer the question?

Yesterday I had some of these matches that the rule won't execute because a condition wasn't met (logic). But it leaves me with different profits on different outcomes.
Dallas

Charon wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:41 pm
And how should that answer the question?

Not sure what you mean?
Charon wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Yesterday I had some of these matches that the rule won't execute because a condition wasn't met (logic). But it leaves me with different profits on different outcomes.
You may have to trigger more than once to even out as you may have got some matched at better prices than they were triggered at
Charon

Well, that's the point. The trigger only works once because the profit on selection is above $2.50 (condition I've created). But the profit on all selections is not equal. So in other words; how do I even out when 1 selection is above $2.50 profit and profit on other selections is higher?
ShaunWhite

Charon wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:12 pm
how do I even out when 1 selection is above $2.50 profit and profit on other selections is higher?
Here's you answer.
Dallas wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:45 pm
You may have to trigger more than once to even out as you may have got some matched at better prices than they were triggered at
Charon

FINAL EDIT: you were absolutely right. My mistake :oops: it works as it should be. Don't know how my brain put this one together :p

But the trigger only works if the profit is under +$2.50 on selection. After the first trigger that's not the case anymore so it won't be triggerd twice (or more).

Edit: I think I get it. The first rule has a condition (+$2.50 profit) and after that comes the new rule 'Green All' without condition. So to solve my problem I have to create two 'Green All' rules. True?

Edit 2: no it won't work. It should also Green Up after a goal, not just in Half Time. So the second 'Green All' rule won't work because I don't know the exact time of a goal. If the goal comes in after 10 minutes....the next 'Green All' will be 35 minutes later and odds have changed (depending on time/goals).

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”