Is "Learn to Trade on Betfair." worth £39.99?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
struttshumming

I have watched many of the free youtube videos, and the BA Academy free courses and feel like I am beginning to understand how all this stuff works. I was wondering how other people got on with the £40 "Learn to Trade on Betfair" video course?

I would really like to get some honest opinions from anyone who has looked at this. Is it worth it? Are there untold secretes just waiting to be discovered? Is it just snake oil? Will I be rich a week after watching it? Does this pay for the BA office fish & chips each Friday?

Before I let go of my £40, I would like to try and find out what the extra value is compared to the free stuff available.

Thank you for your time, and looking forward to hearing from you.
Euler

As the description states on the site (https://online.betangelacademy.com/cour ... n-to-trade), it's just an introduction to learning to trade on Betfair if you have never done so before. It's useful if you have never traded on Betfair. It's not and never will be marketed as some get rich scheme.

There is additional content due to be released in the coming months that more specific, but this isn't really course aimed at people who want knowledge in specific sports. It's more about getting started.
struttshumming

Thank you for the reply. I agree with you, I see none of what is being offered here as a fast track to the good life. Anyone offering such a claim is not to be believed, and I have not found anything about BA to suggest this is what is going on. I find the whole thing fascinating and really fun to understand, plus there might be a few quid in it if I put the time in.

I just want to get a few views and opinions from people who have looked at the course, so that I can make sure it is adding value to my knowledge.
iambic_pentameter

OP

As you've mentioned that you've watched a lot of the BA videos on YouTube, I would suggest that you fund your Betfair account and start trading with low stakes (the minimum is £2)

This will teach you far more about the markets and, most importantly, yourself than any course will.

To clarify, I'm not suggesting that you "shouldn't" purchase the course but any trader will tell you that there is no subsitute for putting real money through the markets and a good dollop of screen time.

Best of luck

Iambic
ShaunWhite

What are you hoping to learn that isn't in the 100s of hours of Betangeltv or hasn't been discussed in the forum?
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:55 pm
What are you hoping to learn that isn't in the 100s of hours of Betangeltv or hasn't been discussed in the forum?
He's looking for that little nugget that tells him which way the market will move to save those hours searching aimlessly.
iambic_pentameter

Spreadbetting, given your experience in the markets, would welcome your opinion on how Lofgren will trade in the 4.15pm at Ayr?

:mrgreen:
spreadbetting

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:05 pm
Spreadbetting, given your experience in the markets, would welcome your opinion on how Lofgren will trade in the 4.15pm at Ayr?

I haven't got a clue, never look at the races until 5 minutes before the start and wing it from there.
wearthefoxhat

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:05 pm

I'll take a shot.

Lofgren is one of the top 10 market movers (steamer) this morning, comparably Copain De Classe is a top 10(drifter). This might suggest a similar market movement up until the pro's step into the ring around 5-10 mins before the off.

FWIW, The pace is likely to come from Valhalla, who may welll make all, however if Lofgren is ridden more positively and prominently, then it could make all and win. For me it's an In-Play trade to see which tactics are being used.
Atho55

Iambic, is there any reason why you chose that particular horse?
Iambic1.png
My 2p worth would be that Azzuri will start to come in and Lofgren will drift. From the miniscule amount of data I have, Azzuri to come in from circa 8 mins out and Lofgren to start drift from 13 mins out. All theoretical of course so keep your money on the table.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iambic_pentameter

It was nothing other than a throwaway comment following Spreadbetting's post where he said:

"He's looking for that little nugget that tells him which way the market will move to save those hours searching aimlessly"

I wasn't on the market - how did the horse go?

Iambic
Derek27

£40 sound like a lot of money to pay just to learn the basics of trading, something you can easily find for free and many people with good maths or experience from betting can easily learn themselves.

For that money I would expect a few advanced trading techniques from an experienced trader.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”