New beta version of Bet Angel v1.50.1 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:02 am
Any chance you could consider also adding 'Last Name' and/or 'Last Name, First Name' as alternative choice(s) to 'Name' in the custom columns editor? Please?
If you use the 'Display additional information' option in the custom columns, you'll see an option called 'Last part of selections name'. That is effectively what you are referring to as 'Last Name'.... assuming space separators appear in a logical place in the name.
The standard 'Name' field on the one-click screen will be the usual name order of First & Last.
mcgoo

Thought I might move this to a separate reply

mmm maybe my tired brain but can't see a way to track a %change (runner % of market volume) of a runner-the stored values look like they record absolute volumes-one can see the % volume of a runner on the ladder if you choose selection volume to view on the ladder via settings. As mentioned in previous threads it would be great to be able to track this % change.Stored values would be a great way to do it

Thanks
jimibt

mcgoo wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:10 am

mmm maybe my tired brain but can't see a way to track a %change (runner % of market volume) of a runner-the stored values look like they record absolute volumes-one can see the % volume of a runner on the ladder if you choose selection volume to view on the ladder via settings. As mentioned in previous threads it would be great to be able to track this % change.Stored values would be a great way to do it

Thanks
actually, an interesting addition to the Value B comparison would be book%. i much prefer to think about book% value, rather than LTP as this has less relativity imho than knowing that the book% is increasing or decreasing over timespans.. worthy of an addition i think..
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:

Thanks
I was going to upload this in a few days but as you have asked about it I have just done it now
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16237

You should be able to edit the principals of that to what your looking to do, if you get stuck just post onto the thread with where your at
Tuco

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:56 am
Tuco wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:02 am
Any chance you could consider also adding 'Last Name' and/or 'Last Name, First Name' as alternative choice(s) to 'Name' in the custom columns editor? Please?
If you use the 'Display additional information' option in the custom columns, you'll see an option called 'Last part of selections name'. That is effectively what you are referring to as 'Last Name'.... assuming space separators appear in a logical place in the name.
The standard 'Name' field on the one-click screen will be the usual name order of First & Last.
PERFECT - YIPEE - THAT WILL DO NICELY - GREAT STUFF - MUCH APPRECIATED - THANK YOU :D
mcgoo

jimibt wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:16 am
mcgoo wrote:

Thanks
actually, an interesting addition to the Value B comparison would be book%. i much prefer to think about book% value, rather than LTP as this has less relativity imho than knowing that the book% is increasing or decreasing over timespans.. worthy of an addition i think..
Thanks for the reply Dallas.I have posted on that thread. jimibt appears to have worded it better than me.cheers
megarain

Thx for update to software.

Am on hols, so havent really tried any of the features yet .. but looking fwd to using stored values.
Niko

Stored values!!!!!! Woo hooo! !!!!!
Korattt

"'high' & 'low' values from Market Overview are now available in Excel as additional values",

could anyone care to explain these high & low values?, & how they're useful, I've looked through the Bet Angel user manual & unable to find anything?, pm me if needs be as really would like to know
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

They are the highest and lowest prices that a selection has traded. The values also have a filter applied which aims to remove the small volume price spikes that occur when a market is first formed.
As price highs and lows create resistance and support points in the market, people use these values to spot potential reversal & breakout opportunities.
Korattt

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:39 am
They are the highest and lowest prices that a selection has traded. The values also have a filter applied which aims to remove the small volume price spikes that occur when a market is first formed.
As price highs and lows create resistance and support points in the market, people use these values to spot potential reversal & breakout opportunities.
sorry, thought you mean't on the Overview Chart, not on the columns
Wolf1877

I havent downloaded and installed the beta yet - but I am tempted. I assume its a beta as you potentially expect a few bugs to surface.

Questions:
(1) If I install the beta, will it run alongside v1.49 or will it wipe and replace v1.49?
(2) Is it possible to set the Stored Values from excel? If not then I'd suggest it for a future release.
(3) Have any bugs cropped up yet?

I dont currently use BAF files mainly because as a programmer myself I found the signals and logic options too limiting and simplistic. I am obviously aware that others have used BAF scripts to very great effect though so obviously they have been doing a great job for some users.

If I could automate the setting of stored values via complex logic external to BAF scripts themselves and feed back via existing BA excel interface then it might make BAF scripts a more viable option for me personally. There are big advantages to BAF scripts over say excel VBA code in say speed of execution so BAF scripts are an attractive option. Basically I want do some complex number crunching outside of the BAF scripts and then feed the externally computed values into stored values to control the range where the BAF scripts triggers the simple back and lay actions.
Simonlofc

a question on the asians now you get some strange prices you dont get normally is it because of the way the half goals are handled?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kafkaesque

Simonlofc wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 pm
a question on the asians now you get some strange prices you dont get normally is it because of the way the half goals are handled?
If you're talking about increments of 0.01 even above 2.00, that was the case before BF change the display of handicaps and before this update.

Can't see any reason why there'd need to be smaller increments would have anything to do with half goals. Should make no difference in that regard. Then again, I cannot see any reason, why they ever were made different in this market. My buest, unqualified, guess would be that some A-level bot trader requested it off BF, because it makes it easier to vacuum value when the big asian bookies move the price. It was probably Luca :shock:
Nero Tulip

Just trying this out now. The Hi Low values in excel seem slightly slow updating at times, even in well formed markets.. could this be a result of the measures in place to filter price spikes? Or is it due to the order/timings of how this extra data is updated?

For example, It often has a higher price in the Last Traded Price column, to the one in the new High column, and same effect for Low..

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”