Custom selection order sorting on both ONE-CLICK screen and IN-PLAY trader

Help improve Bet Angel.
Tuco

I often find that I'm playing an in-play market which consists of two teams plus substitues with the selections all mixed up wasting valuable time in finding the desired selection. The unused substitutes or those that have already been substituted get right in the way. A custom order sort would solve this problem. What I would find really useful would be to be able to custom sort the order of the selections in the same way as you can when using the ladder screens (for up to 12 selections). In that way I could ensure the selections for 1 team were at the top and the selections for the other team were at the bottom of the one-click screen and in-play trader screen.

Also for the one-click screen would like to be able to split the screen into two columns left and right, so I could have one team on the left and the other team on the right - that would be really useful as all selections would be visible at a glance rather than needing to scroll up or down which wastes valuable time when there are more than 20 selections in the market. An alternative way to achieve this is to run two sets of BetAngel simultaneously have each take up half a computer screen side by side - but surely this shouldn't be necessary?

On the one-click screen you can sort by 'First Name' and sort by 'P&L' - an option to be able to sort by 'Surname' as well as and/or rather than by 'First Name' would also be incredibly useful - I could have really used that feature last Monday and on many other occassions.

It would also be most useful if there were 'sort by Surname (Ascending)', 'sort by Surname (Descending)', 'sort by First Name (Ascending)', and 'sort by First Name (Descending)' options on the In-play Trader sorting drop-down list. Alternatively or as well as, a simple 'drag-and-drop' feature would allow the selections to be ordered as desired

Finally, it would be great to be able to have several one-click windows open for different markets at the same time and to be able to open a market into one of these one-click windows in the same way as you can open a new market into a new ladder window by right clicking on the market in Guardian and selecting 'Display market in a new ladder window' - all this would take is the added option to 'Display market in a new one-click window'.

I really would find these custom sorting and one-click layout additions incredible uselful and as such I'm sure many others would too.

Keep up the good work guys - any questions please don't hesitate to ask - thank you :)
Tuco

Having the opportunity to open several one-click screens, (as you can already do with several ladder screens), would also be a welcome advantage in events where there are several markets.

I often play events where there are winner, top 2, top 3, top 4, top 6 top 10 markets all of which are dependant upon the very same live action - several one-click screens in this scenario would be most welcome. I've developed the screen to fit half the width of the monitor, so across two monitors you could have 4 one-click screens with 20 selections visible at any one time and with 2 PC's each with 2 screens you could have 8 one-click screens at your mercy.

I really do hope sopmeone in the suggestions/upgrades department is considering my suggestions as I know they would help me out and therefore they would also help many others out too.
Tuco

My suggestions in this thread can be summarised as follows:

1. To be able to custom sort the order of selections in both the one-click screen and in-play trader - a simple drag and drop method would be a welcome addition.

2. In the one-click screen you can already sort the order by (first) name, but sort by last name (Ascending) and sort by last name (Descending) on the one click screen plus sorting the order by both first and last name in both Ascending and Descending order in the in-play trader (simply add these sorting options to the existing price sorting options), would all be welcome additions.

3. To be able to split the one-click screen into two columns thus one on the left and one on the right - would be most useful in a team context and when there are more than 20 selections in a market (when using 24" monitors). Then using 1 above to be able to drag-and-drop the selections to the left or right column ensures one teams players could be in the left column and the other teams players in the right column for that market.

4. To be able to open multiple one-click screens as you can already do with ladders under the right click option - very useful in events where there are multiple markets all determined by the outcome of a singular match/race/event.

I really would find these custom sorting and layout updates incredibly uselful and once implemented I hope many others would too.
Tuco

Great updates in the latest v1.50.0 BAP release - thank you Team BetAngel :)

For the next update please could you consider this:

In the 'Choose columns for display in the grid' editor we are offered these very useful columns to display:

One-click Back ( 2nd Best price )
One-click Back ( 3rd Best price )
One-click Back ( Best price )

One-click Lay ( 2nd Best price )
One-click Lay ( 3rd Best price )
One-click Lay ( Best price )

...please could you also add:

One-click Back ( 4th Best price )
One-click Back ( 5th Best price )
One-click Back ( 6th Best price )

One-click Lay ( 4th Best price )
One-click Lay ( 5th Best price )
One-click Lay ( 6th Best price )

Thanking you in advance :)
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:53 pm

In the 'Choose columns for display in the grid' editor we are offered these very useful columns to display:

You can already create your own custom columns to do this
Tuco

...you can create custom columns to offer the 4th, 5th, and 6th best back and lay price? I don't know how to do that :(

[they must be the 4th, 5th and 6th best prices and not just prices off-set from the current back and lay prices (which may not have any money)]

It would be great if those 6 options as shown above could just be added to the column selection chart to complement the best price, 2nd best price and 3rd best price which already exist :)

-------------

Something that the recent Royal Baby Name threw up again is how useful it would be to be able to split the market selections into two separate one-click screens and custom move some selections from the main screen to the secondary screen.

In the same way as you could use this for 'home' and 'away' sports teams, in the Royal Baby Name market you could use this to split boys names on one side and girls names on the other side - then when the baby's gender is announced you could use the bookmaking feature or columns to lay the names of the gender the baby isn't as quickly as possible.

Then after the birth when waiting for the name, you could in this case have put the girls names into the secondary one-click screen and out of the way so as to focus and concentrate on the boys name when the announcement was made, which in this case was at precisely 11:00am last Friday when Prince 'Louis''s name was officially announced.

I just missed the opportunity to back Louis (Royal Courtsiders/Insiders?), but did manage to lay Albert, Mark and James for a quick three figure sum - having the above secondary (or more) One-click screens would have been most helpful at least twice in this market.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:59 am
is how useful it would be to be able to split the market selections into two separate one-click screens and custom move some selections from the main screen to the secondary screen.
The cost/time for development of that would be very large and I can't see there will ever be enough demand for this to get the work prioritised over other feature requests.
So, assuming that, why not use Servants to tag certain selections and then sort by that tag. e.g. Create a servant that sets a Shared Stored Value on a selection and then display that Stored Value in a custom column and then sort by that. You'll need the latest v1.50.1 beta from the announcements thread.
You could tag a custom column with a number and sort in descending order. An row without a value is assumed to have a value of 0, so anything given a higher value will be displayed at the top of the one-click screen. You could even create 'pin high' & 'pin low' servants that give positive and negative values respectively.

Also, considering Stored Values are remembered by Guardian, you could even switch away from the market and switch back (assuming the market is in Guardian) and the tags would remain.
Tuco

No probs re the market splitting - always worth mentioning/asking.

(The Royal Baby Name market had 85 selections so you will understand the need to try and sort the selections as best as possible.)

Thank you re the servant info - I'll look into doing that :D

If you could consider adding the One-click Back ( 4th best price ), ( 5th best price ), ( 6th best price) and One-click Lay ( 4th best price ), ( 5th best price ), ( 6th best price) to be available from the 'Choose coluns to display in the grid drop-down in the next minor release that would be great :)
Tuco

Dallas wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:00 pm
Tuco wrote:

I don't think so Dallas - it needs to be the 4th, 5th and 6th Best price and not a fixed price as there could be a spread between odds. If I'm wrong please accept my apologies in advance and please advise how you can do this - thank you
Tuco

...in an ideal world I would request the following 'options' to be added to the one-click screen selection:

One-click Back ( 7th Best price )
One-click Back ( 8th Best price )
One-click Back ( 9th Best price )

One-click Lay ( 7th Best price )
One-click Lay ( 8th Best price )
One-click Lay ( 9th Best price )

The reason for this is in a multi-field market there can be wide spreads on the back and lay prices, particularly on the lay prices. When in-play you only have a split second moment to lay the hell out of the losing selection, hence why the abvove would be most useful to the way I play some markets - how annoying is it if there is just a couple of quid available at the best price, 2nd best price and 3rd best price, but then a shed load following at longer odds that you cannot see - once you see how this works in practice, you'll wonder why you never thought of this yourself :)
Tuco

...the reason for the above requests is there is often money outside the top 3 prices on a selection - in the following screenshot it shows money at 1.22, 1.23 and 1.24 for Hamilton but what it cannot show is that there was £27k asking for 1.25.

Not so long after this Bottas retired and later in the race Hamilton also retired. In this particular case it was possible to use the ladder, but there are many cases where it isn't as there are either too many selections or too great a spread between prices, hence my repeated request for additional best prices, ideally up to and including the '9th best price' would be ideal and should be a very easy addition being as there are already 'best price', '2nd best price' and '3rd best price' options available.

Hamilton Austria F1 GP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:30 am
Dallas wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:00 pm
Tuco wrote:

I don't think so Dallas - it needs to be the 4th, 5th and 6th Best price and not a fixed price as there could be a spread between odds. If I'm wrong please accept my apologies in advance and please advise how you can do this - thank you
Sorry I never saw this at the time you posted it.
You are correct I did misunderstand what you were asking for so just to clarify for anyone else reading this (although it already been said on the latest release thread), you cant currently create custom columns to show the best 4th+ price (ie, prices with money already waiting)

This reply has at least bumped the topic so others can add the support and +1's if they would also find it useful
Tuco

...no probs, thanks for the clarification Dallas - I kept looking at what I was missing especially when Memphis also said the same! :)

In addition to the best price, 2nd best price and 3rd best price I have screen layout templates offering columns with best price offset tick sizes of 3,4,5,10,20 and 50 showing 9 columns on a given market, but it would be much better if they could all be best prices as waiting money can easily be to one side (and therefore invisible) of those fixed tick offset columns.

Fingers crossed the tech team can look into this for the next release as I would certainly find it most useful for in-play trading, especially on the lay side :)

I'll post a few more screenshots to show people what you can do with Custom Columns...
Tuco

Lingfield 1410 Screenshot Layout.jpg

in this particular screen layout I would like to be able to have:

'4th best price' replacing -3 / +3
'5th best price' replacing -4 / +4
'6th best price' replacing -5 / +5
'7th best price' replacing -10 / +10
'8th best price' replacing -20 / +20
'9th best price' replacing -50 / +50
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Suggestions”