Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
ruthlessimon

omg........................ saints
SeaHorseRacing

Just broke my heart. That will relegate us. Team wont be up for it Tuesday now.
Dallas

That added time was unreal!
ruthlessimon

It hurts even more after Mccarthy's world-class save against Baines
Naffman

Yoshida currently finding the quickest way out before his teammates come back
SeaHorseRacing

Thankfully I dont trade football. Surprised my TV is still working!
SeaHorseRacing

Naffman wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:27 pm
Hes already at the Airport back to Asia! Hes just like Bruce Lee, fast fucker. :lol:
ruthlessimon

Naffman wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:27 pm
It was sooo needless too!!
Wolf1877

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:25 pm
Just broke my heart. That will relegate us. Team wont be up for it Tuesday now.
Based on the final fixtures next weekend I think Saints will definitely be up for it on Tuesday as it is pretty much last chance saloon and they need to win. I think Swansea will probably approach the Saints game as a must not lose game rather than a must win. I think Saints will win on Tuesday as they will approach the game more positively IMO.

Next weekend it is Swansea v Stoke (a very winnable game for Swansea) and Saints v Man City (unlikely that Saints will get anything out of that and it could be a heavy defeat). Saints need to win at Swansea to give them a 3 point and 9 goal advantage over Swansea which should be enough even if Man City did rack up a few goals next weekend.

I was gutted at that ridiculous Everton equaliser as I was just about to celebrate West Brom's relegation. West Brom had 2 last gasp survivals in a single afternoon.
ruthlessimon

Just looking at the saints win odds 2.4. I really hope so, but that seems a bit short - this is gonna be bloody close!

Jeeezz what a nervy night this is gonna be!
ShaunWhite

If Southampton win...
West Brom would be relegated.
Southampton will move to 16th on goal difference, above Huddersfield. They can then be sure of safety by avoiding defeat against Manchester City on Sunday.
Swansea would remain in the relegation zone and need to beat Stoke in their final game - while Huddersfield or Southampton slip up - to stay up.

If it's a draw...

Southampton would stay 17th. They would then stay up if they beat Manchester City or match Swansea's result on the final day.
Swansea would go down if they lose on the final day, but stay up if they better Southampton's result.
West Brom would need to win their final game, and hope both Southampton and Swansea lose.

If Swansea win...

West Brom would be relegated.
The Swans would move to 16th and would be sure of safety by avoiding defeat against Stoke on Sunday.
Southampton would drop into the relegation zone and would need to beat Manchester City on the final day while hoping Huddersfield or Swansea slip up.
Kafkaesque

ruthlessimon wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:57 pm
Just looking at the saints win odds 2.4. I really hope so, but that seems a bit short - this is gonna be bloody close!

Jeeezz what a nervy night this is gonna be!
If you've got emotional/fan skin in that game, it sure is. In terms of quality of the two sides lining up, I would say, it's priced about right. Given that all likely come down to who has the biggest balls and keeps cool at key moments, who bloody well knows. Anybody's guess, I'd say.

I tell you who looks a bit short to me though. PSG trading at 1.04, and liable to hit 1.03 by kickoff. Might just be priced right for fulltime, and it's as close to David vs Goliat in a football match of big importance as you'll ever see, but it's a good opportunity for the first part of the match. I'll freeley admit to knowing nothing about Les Herbiers. But there can be no doubt, they will be very, very compact and will leave absolutely everything on the field in what will likely be the only game of the magnitude in their careers. Toss in that PSG will likely take the win as a given and that they haven't exactly been firing as usual since going out of the CL. They'll probably end up with a big win, but the first goal might just be a bit of time coming.
SeaHorseRacing

Am I the only one thinking Swansea are playing for a draw? :twisted:
ruthlessimon

They were pushing saints hard - only a tiny bit of respite for us in the last few mins of the half
SeaHorseRacing

Ok Saints. For the first time of the season you need to learn that the ball needs to enter the other teams goal and don’t concede. Got it! ⚽️

Return to “Football trading”