BTL by % of stake

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mjdavies4

Can anybody advise if it is possible to automate a Back to lay trade by a % of your stake rather than % of the Odds.
For example I back a horse for £50 at odds of 6 and want to make 50% of my stake which is £25. I would then need to place a lay in running of £75 (£50 + £25) at odds of 4 which would give me £25 hedged.

I would want to place the back bet at best market price say 10 seconds before the off but all i need to set in the automation is my stake and the % i want to make. The software then works out how much to lay and at what odds.
MemphisFlash

your looking for 50% per race. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jimibt

hi there... you can do this using automation. there are a variety of options for offseting the back bet, one of which is by %age.
mjdavies4

MemphisFlash wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 pm
your looking for 50% per race. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The 50% was just an example
mjdavies4

jimibt wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:24 pm
hi there... you can do this using automation. there are a variety of options for offseting the back bet, one of which is by %age.
Ok thanks I will take a look
Dallas

mjdavies4 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:30 pm
jimibt wrote:
There is also a couple of ready-made Dobbing and B2L rules available to download in the shared files section which might help
viewforum.php?f=52
jimibt

MemphisFlash wrote:
you should think about doing motivational lecture tours... lol
mjdavies4

Dallas wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 pm
mjdavies4 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:30 pm
jimibt wrote:
There is also a couple of ready-made Dobbing and B2L rules available to download in the shared files section which might help
viewforum.php?f=52
Thanks for this but all these talk about a % of the odds where as I want to make a % of my stake. From my example I make 50% of my stake which is £25 but the odds only need to come in from 6 to 4
ShaunWhite

mjdavies4 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:52 pm
Thanks for this but all these talk about a % of the odds where as I want to make a % of my stake. From my example I make 50% of my stake which is £25 but the odds only need to come in from 6 to 4
You could use a Green All profit condition >£25
mjdavies4

That sounds promising I shall give it a go
captainbang

MemphisFlash wrote:
I'm new here and have been using this forum to learn all about bet angel and for me to see a comment like this I think is disrespectful and certainly would make me question in the future posting a question up for fear of been ridiculed!

Memphis - Just because you "THINK" you know it all maybe you should keep your stupid comments to yourself in future.

By the looks of it the original poster isn't long a member either and hope this person continues to post in the future.

I would hope the administrator of this forum will delete that post.
jimibt

captainbang wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:51 pm
MemphisFlash wrote:
I'm new here and have been using this forum to learn all about bet angel and for me to see a comment like this I think is disrespectful and certainly would make me question in the future posting a question up for fear of been ridiculed!

Memphis - Just because you "THINK" you know it all maybe you should keep your stupid comments to yourself in future.

By the looks of it the original poster isn't long a member either and hope this person continues to post in the future.

I would hope the administrator of this forum will delete that post.
+1 - i've often found this poster's comments to be of a similar immature nature. don't let that discourage you as there are plenty of individuals on here that are respectful and sincere.
LeTiss

The post by Memphis was a bit harsh.

However, whilst the opening poster is correct in saying they would make 50% laying off at 4.00, they haven't given any indication what their gameplan is if the price goes the other way. Are they just going to leave it as a £50 loser? - If the next bet is a winner, then they won't be making 50% profit, they'll be making a 50% loss, as they will still be £25 down (not including commission)

Having a strategy for when the price goes wrong, is a critical ingredient of successful trading
BetScalper

mjdavies4 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:05 pm
Can anybody advise if it is possible to automate a Back to lay trade by a % of your stake rather than % of the Odds.
For example I back a horse for £50 at odds of 6 and want to make 50% of my stake which is £25. I would then need to place a lay in running of £75 (£50 + £25) at odds of 4 which would give me £25 hedged.

I would want to place the back bet at best market price say 10 seconds before the off but all i need to set in the automation is my stake and the % i want to make. The software then works out how much to lay and at what odds.
Ignore 1 line unhelpful comments.

Keep researching and studying your chosen markets(s).

Where possible use your countries minimum stake until you are satisfied with your long term results. But remember not to stop there as the market (s) can change over time and your strategy may need adapting.

Best of luck.

PS. Keep posting. There are allot of helpful people on this forum as you have seen by MOST of the feedback.
whimsies

Ignore first comment something my 5 year old would write.

Def take a look at the dobbing bots in the shared files. But you will need some exit stratergy should things not go your way.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”