Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
ShaunWhite

Korattt wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:08 pm
interesting that there hasn't been any input from Euler today, from that I assume he didn't like the look of today
I think he's probably packing his bags for a trip to the US. There's gold in them thar hills.
dragontrades

evening was great again
Derek27

Much better evening, recovered some of my afternoon losses.
quophie

hi all,
i am new to trading and new on this platform.i wrote a simple rule and applied it to the markets. i made a significant loss, can someone help me write the rule properly please?
i noticed that, for every market, there was one selection of a horse that will have a loss (showing red) with specific amount. all the rest of the horses will have the same amount in green. i believe the green was the amount i earned, which in all except one were smaller than the red. i need the rule to make the green amount bigger than the red amount.
please help, experienced traders.

Thank you. i have attached the .baf file and the excel results sheet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetScalper

quophie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:33 pm
hi all,
i am new to trading and new on this platform.i wrote a simple rule and applied it to the markets. i made a significant loss, can someone help me write the rule properly please?
i noticed that, for every market, there was one selection of a horse that will have a loss (showing red) with specific amount. all the rest of the horses will have the same amount in green. i believe the green was the amount i earned, which in all except one were smaller than the red. i need the rule to make the green amount bigger than the red amount.

Your Back and Lay triggers have no conditions apart from NOT IN-PLAY. Therefore the chances of making a profit are very slim. You need to study the markets your trading on and come up with a better plan.

I can assure you that nobody here or anywhere else is going to share profitable systems/strategies. If they did then it would potentially hit their own profits.

You need to research why a price shortens for a back bet and lengthens for a lay bet etc.

But be prepared for the long haul as it could take you months or even years to come up with a long term profitable system.

Goodluck,
wearthefoxhat

quophie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:33 pm
hi all,

I haven't looked at the rules in your .baf as there are other better suited to let you know the best way. My only input would be, if there was something that was losing, flip the rules over and see if it's becomes profitable. (easier said than done as comms eats into the wins, but worth a shot)
ShaunWhite

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:42 am
My only input would be, if there was something that was losing, flip the rules over and see if it's becomes profitable. (easier said than done as comms eats into the wins, but worth a shot)
It's not the just the commission that kills it, its the spread.
Korattt

think I may find today a tad difficult again
ShaunWhite

Korattt wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:49 pm
Just stick to York ?
Korattt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:21 pm
Korattt wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:49 pm
Just stick to York ?
point taken, just looked over the rest of this afternoons cards
Last edited by Korattt on Wed May 16, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dallas

That was some SP on Harry Angel in the 15:30
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:32 pm
That was some SP on Harry Angel in the 15:30
What was it...about 1.59?
PDC

1.60 - it played up in the stalls just before the off which is why it was so much higher than where the majority of the money was traded.
ShaunWhite

PDC wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:35 pm
1.60 - it played up in the stalls just before the off which is why it was so much higher than where the majority of the money was traded.
That's always a posibility in the stalls, i was just about to be filled so hit the Take Sp button jic. Nice little suprise when things resolved.
Korattt

nice spike on Gala Celebration there

Return to “Trading Horse racing”