World Cup Wisdom

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

Kafkaesque wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:25 pm
Not sure breaking the bank is really an option for a medium-sized FA, but I get your point.
Fair point but I think any top class manager would jump at the chance of coaching that group of players , just think they could have aimed a bit higher.

Who knows though, 2 months from now we could be saying 'what a world cup final that was between Belgium and Colombia!' :)

Then it will be me holding my hands up saying I know nothing abuot football :D
LeTiss

Changed my mind over England's chances

Can't believe Danny Rose is in - he struggles to play for Spurs these days
ruthlessimon

LeTiss wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Add Jones, Welbeck & Cahill to that list :)
mobius

I'm gonna upgrade my World Cup kit. For Sale at a very reasonable price to a discerning buyer.
BETANGEL WORLD CUP KIT.PNG
:)
Buy now and tell the missus it's perfect for the Royal Wedding!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brimson25

mobius wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:38 am
I'm gonna upgrade my World Cup kit. For Sale at a very reasonable price to a discerning buyer.
BETANGEL WORLD CUP KIT.PNG
:)
Buy now and tell the missus it's perfect for the Royal Wedding!
I'm quite conservative on TVs - my wife actually prompted us to get a new for the first time in almost a decade. The progress in that time is amazing! I feel daft for waiting for so long. It's just a completely different experience.
mobius

She wants to watch the wedding - proof positive of a good sales technique the rest of you -BUY NOW ~WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Never know when the next one will be??

FOMO.
ShaunWhite

Has anyone got any idea where I could find the stats to work out the value of each squad. Either est transfer value or what their usual wages are.
Korattt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:31 pm
Has anyone got any idea where I could find the stats to work out the value of each squad. Either est transfer value or what their usual wages are.
might be of use to you Shaun?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/?from=tmcom
ShaunWhite

Korattt wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:38 pm
might be of use to you Shaun?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/?from=tmcom
Thanks, https://www.transfermarkt.com/world-cup ... ewerb/WM18
ruthlessimon

Kafkaesque wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:47 am
For a tournament with this structure, I'm looking for: Overall strength of starting 11 + head coach - Striker options - Team/squad synergy - The defensive axis of 3-4 players (Defensive mid + 2-3 CB's depending on system) - Squad strength. In that order of importance.
I say put your money where ya mouth is & join the WC Super6 when it kicks off 8-)
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm
I say put your money where ya mouth is & join the WC Super6 when it kicks off 8-)
I'm STILL waiting for Skybet to unlock my account (inactive too long :lol: ). 2 forms of id, address conf, address where I was when i opened it blah blah blah ...jeez it's easier to get a mortage.
Kafkaesque

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:47 am
For a tournament with this structure, I'm looking for: Overall strength of starting 11 + head coach - Striker options - Team/squad synergy - The defensive axis of 3-4 players (Defensive mid + 2-3 CB's depending on system) - Squad strength. In that order of importance.
If it's the same as the one run by Sky for PL, then I cannot as it is limited to UK residents, despite that I would love to join 8-)

I did post this to get a bit a friendly banter going, and would have offered to run a comp for the WC, if there'd be any takers. But not so viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16342
ruthlessimon

Kafkaesque wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:35 pm
If it's the same as the one run by Sky for PL, then I cannot as it is limited to UK residents, despite that I would love to join 8-)
You've got 1mth to move then!

Shame, it is great fun ;)
max_usted

My, highly subjective, opinion is that there's almost nothing but value!
Just as a tip, (I think) I recollect a good video from Euler in which he discusses the first goal being scored significantly later in top international tournaments as compared to top-flight domestic leagues.

Would be interesting to know whether the average goals per game at top international tournaments is accordingly lower - or instead equivalent.
Last edited by max_usted on Thu May 17, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max_usted

ruthlessimon wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:56 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Add Jones, Welbeck & Cahill to that list :)
I'm not an England fan, but I don't see why they couldn't do well. They have two top quality attacking players now (Sterling, Kane) and you can achieve great things if you can create chances/score goals. Henderson, Dele Ali, Delph, Dier all playing at the highest level. They definitely have the potential to go far.

Return to “Football trading”