Auto place bets from Excel CSV

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
zanpo

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to automate my Greyhounds Dutching using Betangel and Excel.

I have the daily list of races and selections, and I want to put them in a csv file, or xls or maybe txt file, load them into Betangel and place the bets for me. It's really hard doing this manually for all the races of the day.

For example I have this list of races with race location, time, and selections I want to dutch. And Betangel must back-dutch the selections with a certain stake.

NOTTINGHAM

7.37 (1-2-3)
7.52 (1-2-3)
8.07 (1-2-3)

TOWCESTER

7.30 (1-2-3)
7.46 (1-2-3)
skotten84

I'm also looking for the answer to this question, will post another reply here if I find it! :D
hazza30

I would like this too, I have read the manual but still makes little sense. Any help would be appreciated.
highpoint

I may be wrong as I'm still getting to grips with BA, but as I see it, you'll need to:

- load the markets into Guardian
- auto bind them to a multi-sheet workbook with enough sheets so that there's a BA 'tab' for each race throughout the day
- add another tab & call it something like 'selections', copy your CSV file into this
- have a bit of VBA code in the workbook to parse the selections so that the correct BA tabs (races) are found and selected, and then...
- have another bit of code (or spreadsheet logic) so that the correct runners are selected for the Dutching, stakes /liabilities calculated, etc.

Probably needs to be a degree of refinement to the above, but there's a nice little VBA project for someone to develop :-)

~highpoint~
Ultima

I have just used the spread sheet function to Dutch certain horses in certain races at under a fixed book % for a profit target amount. Was fairly difficult as had to learn all the code as I went along. Great watching it in action as it finds the selections and throws the bets in, only problem I have is how to tell it where or how to collect the win/loss amount for the loss recovery part whic also works when I do it manually. just not sure which cells send this info back.
Was doing it all manually before and making good money but decided it was time to throw my pen,paper and calculater back in the draw, hopefully I will resolve the las issue. :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”