World Cup 2018

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Dallas

This time next week the opening match will have just kicked off!

Anyone had any early bets on the outright market yet?

I've added a poll for who people think the outright winner will be, its set to run for 21 days until the start of the knockout stage

Poll results

Poll.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ruthlessimon

How about this one for a long way out ;)
ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm
In fact just looking at the winner odds on Betfair, Uruguay 50/1!?! Lol easily half the team get in the England 1st 11. I'm even tempted to trade that
... although it would have meant holding it for something like 8mths, & no doubt a couple of injuries coulda shifted that massively

ruthlessimon

Huge fan of France btw, really do have a wicked team & Dembele "has potential to be special" - right Peter :D
Trader Pat

I can't choose between Germany & Spain, the friendly they played a few months back was football from another planet. Brazil and France slightly behind those two, wouldnt have Brazil as favourites.

Would love Argentina to win it.
SeaHorseRacing

I’ve had a go at Mexico, Argentina and Senegal currently as win only at the mo. Will probably trade one out if they make a final. Big if.
Simonlofc

England after all who the hell can beat us? In Gareth we trust. Must go it's time for my medication

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ_vVRhoojg
Last edited by Simonlofc on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

I'm looking for a few outsiders to have a stab at in the early matches and Peru certainly caught my eye, they are ranked 11th (one place ahead of England) but priced 170.0 in the outright market and 3.45 in their opening match against Denmark

Also if they get through in 2nd behind France they would most likely get Argentina who they have drawn with the last two times they met during the WC qualifiers
convoysur-2

true
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Korattt

think I'm right in saying that it's rare for a team from outside the continent of where the tournament is being held to win it, so I think it'll be a France v Germany Final, don't think it's going to be that much of a fantastic competition either, wouldn't be surprised if Russia, (somehow) get the the semi finals,

for me Germany to win it & I can't see how Portugal are behind England
SeaHorseRacing

Isn’t Russia 🇷🇺 technically Asia though?
mobius

List 25 Russia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2tOqmnWcYE
Lot's to choose from!
weemac

Amazingly, of the 17 post-war WC tournaments, only two have NOT had one or more of Germany, Brazil or Argentina in the final. Those 2 were in the last 3 competitions, so the previous 14 finals ALL featured at least one of those 3 countries. Eight times finalists Germany would get my vote, just because....errm well, they are 8 times finalists!

However, for interest, I'll have a pop at a few outsiders to outperform their odds. Choices are based on either fair recent form, often hard to beat, they have a freshness which might shock the bigger guns, their group opponents can have a shaky start (a pity Italy aren't involved - they are infamous slow starters) or their players are involved with big European club teams..

Iceland, Switzerland, Poland and Morocco will have my interest in the group stage.
JTEDL

Hard to pick one, but surely be one of the usual suspects - Germany, Brazil seem to be correctly priced IMO

England 'should' get as far as the QF, they'll need some luck to go further...
Euler

SeaHorseRacing

Hopeful England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 have a decent World Cup. Give us something to chew on please. Unlikely, but semi final isn’t impossible.

Return to “Football trading”